Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wi-Fi On Board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: FB Plat
I would expect Joon flights to have wifi onboard. I see so many <30 yo pax not caring about screens&movies and ready to pay for wifi.

I also saw a few Hop surveys about wifi on board. The suggested prices were worth considering.

​​​​​​
​​​
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Yep, same here. On 90% of flight the only thing running on my IFE is the airshow. Rest of the time I use my own device for reading, working, music.

And guess what: I am sending this post from 700km West of Ireland, onboard a trans-Atlantic flight...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Most airlines do not price Wi-Fi according to market expectations and level of service they provide. AF is one of these.

Having Wi-Fi onboard is a plus, but would I pay 30€ for that service? Probably not.
Seeing Wi-Fi as a commodity as Emirates does is probably the best way to do it. And it is free for their loyal passengers.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Pulling this thread up from December, is it still the case that no 77W have the wifi?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Pulling this thread up from December, is it still the case that no 77W have the wifi?
yes, still the case.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Pathetic... a substantial two digit number of flights where AF lost my business to other, otherwise largely inferior, airlines only because of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.