Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security Check at CDG Transferring from BCN to US?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Security Check at CDG Transferring from BCN to US?

Will I need to go through security transferring from a flight from BCN to the US at CDG?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No. Only at BCN in this way.
Note that you can be selected for an extra search at the gate in CDG (special measures for US flights).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
But it is possible that you might have to go through immigration control at CDG, even though it is a Schengen flight. For me it's been hit and miss. Sometimes they shuttle us through immigration and sometimes they don't. I flew to Spain from Orly recently and there was no immigration check. But a few days before there was an immigration check on a flight from MAD to LYS. Supposedly this special procedure will be done with this summer. We'll see.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
But it is possible that you might have to go through immigration control at CDG, even though it is a Schengen flight. For me it's been hit and miss. Sometimes they shuttle us through immigration and sometimes they don't. I flew to Spain from Orly recently and there was no immigration check. But a few days before there was an immigration check on a flight from MAD to LYS. Supposedly this special procedure will be done with this summer. We'll see.
I don't understand your answer. The OP is flying BCN-CDG-USA. He has to go through immigration at CDG

The security check is what the OP asked. And there are spot security checks on the way to US flights.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by brunos
I don't understand your answer. The OP is flying BCN-CDG-USA. He has to go through immigration at CDG

The security check is what the OP asked. And there are spot security checks on the way to US flights.
What stimpy means is that because of the state of emergency and the suspension of Schengen, the OP MAY have to go through immigration upon ARRIVAL at 2F, coming from BCN.

Irrespective of that, the OP will indeed have to go through passport control to leave France for the US.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by carnarvon
What stimpy means is that because of the state of emergency and the suspension of Schengen, the OP MAY have to go through immigration upon ARRIVAL at 2F, coming from BCN.

Irrespective of that, the OP will indeed have to go through passport control to leave France for the US.
Indeed. And I gathered from the OP that the question arose from concerns about a tight connection time. So it would be good to know about all the hoops you have to jump through to make your connection.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
Indeed. And I gathered from the OP that the question arose from concerns about a tight connection time. So it would be good to know about all the hoops you have to jump through to make your connection.
OP will get off the plane in the 2F terminal, follow the signs for Connecting Flights to the 2E terminal and then proceed through immigration control. No security check as OP is coming from a safe country of origin.
If the connecting is short, OP may want to advise check in staff at BCN so that seats can be assigned as close as possible to the front of the plane.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
OP will get off the plane in the 2F terminal, follow the signs for Connecting Flights to the 2E terminal and then proceed through immigration control. No security check as OP is coming from a safe country of origin.
If the connecting is short, OP may want to advise check in staff at BCN so that seats can be assigned as close as possible to the front of the plane.
To be fair, OP's flight might be randomly selected to have passengers routed through immigration. Not fun when you have to connect to an international flight, as you will need to go through immigration again a few minutes later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.