Wiki Posts
Search

AF operated by WDL BAe146

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
AF operated by WDL BAe146

I have several incoming trips CDG-BSL in April/May. Originally scheduled with Hop E170, the flights will now be operated by a WDL BAe146.

Any experience with that company? Will WDL replace the former WX-operated flights?

Slightly OT:
It is on PAR-MLH/BSL that I must have experienced the largest variety of aircraft
ORY-MLH: F100, CRJ, CRK, AT5, AT7...and even A319 (!)
CDG-BSL: AT7, E70, E90...and now BAe146
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Q-STO
I have several incoming trips CDG-BSL in April/May. Originally scheduled with Hop E170, the flights will now be operated by a WDL BAe146.

Any experience with that company? Will WDL replace the former WX-operated flights?

Slightly OT:
It is on PAR-MLH/BSL that I must have experienced the largest variety of aircraft
Had a decent CDG-DUS flight operated by WDL last year. Apart from being 2 hours late, there was nothing to complain about.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Q-STO

Slightly OT:
WDL has been operating a bunch of AF flights from time to time for many years now ( I had them on a BSL-CDG flight many years ago). Nothing to complain about, except the BAe146
WDL is not aimed at replacing WX, but it is certainly true that AF may need more WDL from end march following to the end of the WX agreement. WDL will operate more routes in the coming weeks :
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...lights-in-s17/
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I've recently had two AB flights operated by WDL. The aircraft is very old and densely configured (6 abreast!). But the crew was excellent, much above the standards. I would expect the same experience, when they operate on behalf of AF.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Sounds like WX with their 6-abreast Avro-RJ85 jet (isn't the avro and the BA in fact the same aircraft?).
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Sounds like WX with their 6-abreast Avro-RJ85 jet (isn't the avro and the BA in fact the same aircraft?).
Yes, same aircraft but the Avro is a more recent version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.