Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for upcoming trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Questions for upcoming trip

I'm flying to Europe this week, mostly on Air France metal (on a Delta code share). I have a few questions, hope you can help with.

1) Initial flight is from the LAX direct to Paris, ~4 hour layover then flying to Stockholm. My question is, how are customs & baggage handled? I'm not sure if we go through customs in France, Sweden or both. Not sure if we have to go through security again between flights.

2) Return flight through Amsterdam (on KLM) with a 1+ hour layover before connecting to Paris on AF. Same question as above, really.

3) Last question. We leave in the morning from CDG, and we are staying at the airport Hilton that evening. Is it possible to check our bags the prior evening, just to make life a little simpler? And how easy is it to get from the Hilton into the airport?

Normally I just roll with the punches, but traveling with a baby & all his luggage creates a desire to be more prepared.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jakers3200
I'm flying to Europe this week, mostly on Air France metal (on a Delta code share). I have a few questions, hope you can help with.

1) Initial flight is from the LAX direct to Paris, ~4 hour layover then flying to Stockholm. My question is, how are customs & baggage handled? I'm not sure if we go through customs in France, Sweden or both. Not sure if we have to go through security again between flights.

You will go through immigration in Paris, luggage is sent to the final destination. Once you claim your luggage in Stockholm, you will exit through customs, but most likely you will not even notice it.

2) Return flight through Amsterdam (on KLM) with a 1+ hour layover before connecting to Paris on AF. Same question as above, really.

Your bag is sent directly to Paris. No customs/immigration checks as this will be intra-schengen.

3) Last question. We leave in the morning from CDG, and we are staying at the airport Hilton that evening. Is it possible to check our bags the prior evening, just to make life a little simpler? And how easy is it to get from the Hilton into the airport?

Yes, You can check your bags the night before. See this link:

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...op-off-CDG.htm
Normally I just roll with the punches, but traveling with a baby & all his luggage creates a desire to be more prepared.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

This is great. Thank you!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
One unanswered question is how easy it is to go from the Hilton to terminal 2 ?
It is quite easy. From the Hilton, walking distance you have the RER/CDGVAL train station. Take the CDGVAL (automated train linking terminals and parking lots) to CDG2 (2 stops) and follow the signs for 2E. From the Hilton, in case you have plenty of luggage, ask the Hilton for help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.