Wiki Posts
Search

AF amenity kit SVO-CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G elite plus
AF amenity kit SVO-CDG?

does anyone know if Air France offers an amenity kit on a Moscow-Paris flight in business class?
I'm looking to change to an Aeroflot flight but still no award seat available, so i might be stuck on Air France... bleh!
Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
No ammenity kit was offered when I flew this route last year in J. It is essentially just the standard European J service.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

ugh not surprised. was the food decent at least? i really hope i can switch to an Aeroflot flight...
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by cleofilms
ugh not surprised. was the food decent at least? i really hope i can switch to an Aeroflot flight...
Yes, a delicious light meal with duck if I remember correctly. Miles better than Aeroflot and the service too, I would imagine (only flew SV in Y so cannot be sure). However the seats on Aeroflot would be more comfortable.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
No ammenity kit was offered when I flew this route last year in J. It is essentially just the standard European J service.
this has changed because they were definitely offering an amenity kit on this route before. No recent experience for me.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Yes, a delicious light meal with duck if I remember correctly. Miles better than Aeroflot and the service too, I would imagine (only flew SV in Y so cannot be sure). However the seats on Aeroflot would be more comfortable.
the C seats on SU (SV is Saudia!) are vastly superior: like some of the better US domestic F vs AF which uses the standard European seats with convertible middle seat. Good on SU in C is also quite good, typically a notch above AF. Their Y food is ghastly though.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
the C seats on SU (SV is Saudia!) are vastly superior: like some of the better US domestic F vs AF which uses the standard European seats with convertible middle seat. Good on SU in C is also quite good, typically a notch above AF. Their Y food is ghastly though.
The alphabet soup of airline codes confuses me sometimes! So, the food on SU in J is better than AF? Surprising, when you consider what is offered in the miserable little lounge in Moscow. 😊
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
this has changed because they were definitely offering an amenity kit on this route before. No recent experience for me.
Hmm... does anyone else have an experience recently?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I flew CDG OTP on AF C 2 months ago. I was the only once in C so instead of choosing between the 2 main course options (Paleron de veau/veal slow cooked meat, filet de cabillaud/cod filet), I tried them both Both were excellent and tasty and not try, long haul J level although the presentation is still european C. It was better (to my taste) than some of the F meals I had on AF 7-8 years ago (when it was cheap but average) or other airlines. SVO should get at least the same level of quality as OTP.

The few times I flew SU European C, it was also excellent food, service and seat. I would try to take SU rather than AF just for the seat, for the rest it should be somehow similar.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I doubt that the meals catered on an SVO-originating flight come from the same kitchen that provided your delicious CDG-originating meal.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Smile

honestly you guys when i fly LAX-CDG i do Turkish Airlines #1, then Swiss #2, then Lufthansa #3. of course because im TK*G..
so what i mean by that is that a flight from IST to Europe is really nice in business on their 737 (2-2) and excellent food..! not even mentioning the lounge in Istanbul...
i just stepped into the unknown with booking thru Skyteam (Korean Air) a mix of AF, SU and KLM C class.
that said i have a feeling that SU C class will be just second best after TK, but so much better than Air France... those fake business class seats are just a shame for Airlines such as Air France who claim to be top-notch upscale.. hello? AF still cant do a full flat seat on a LAX-CDG flight?? (as far as i know..)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cleofilms
AF still cant do a full flat seat on a LAX-CDG flight?? (as far as i know..)
There are 3 competing airlines on that route: XL Airways, Air Tahiti Nui, and Norwegian.

None of the competing airlines offer lie-flat business class seats.

Therefore, AF can make better use of lie-flat seats on routes with real competition.

This has nothing to do with CDG-SVO, by the way. (I don't see why an amenity kit is the dealbreaker here, though)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:35 am

LAX-IST is 13h10, IST-CDG is 3h45, add some connection time and you have a ~20 hours flight
An AF direct flight is <11h, I'd take that every day over TK even "without" a lie-flat... (NEV3/NEV4 are flat enough for me)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28

This has nothing to do with CDG-SVO, by the way. (I don't see why an amenity kit is the dealbreaker here, though)
of course an amenity kit is not a deal breaker, I was just curious what AF is offering compared to SU but the seats do make a difference, let's say on a flight more than 2-3 hours... In the end it seems SU offers a lot more comfort than AF on this route. that's it. agreed?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
LAX-IST is 13h10, IST-CDG is 3h45, add some connection time and you have a ~20 hours flight
An AF direct flight is <11h, I'd take that every day over TK even "without" a lie-flat... (NEV3/NEV4 are flat enough for me)
i only go to France on vacation to visit family. i totally love a long layover -the longer the better- in Istanbul where i can do some sightseeing, eat great food and do some shopping, staying at a 5 star hotel all paid for by Turkish Airlines. you're welcome to stay on the 11 1/2 hour flight on AF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.