Wiki Posts
Search

Logo indicating updated cabin?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Logo indicating updated cabin?

So looking at some AF flights -- but definitely want to avoid, if at all possible, the old 777s with 2-3-2 in business.
Is this logo a fairly good indicator that the plan is to fly the flight with a new cabin plane?
I know I can go through to the seat maps, but rather than check all the options, use this as the first step?
BTW -- looking at YYZ/YUL-CDG-Asia in business.
Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have never seen this logo and so have no idea what it is supposed to mean. It would help if you were telling us where you saw it (AF website ?) and, even better, post a screenshot.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have never seen this logo and so have no idea what it is supposed to mean. It would help if you were telling us where you saw it (AF website ?) and, even better, post a screenshot.
+1. To my knowledge, the cabin maps is the only reliable test I know but of course if AF has introduced some marker of 'best' cabins that would be very nice for all of us!

So far, all the references I have seen by AF themselves has been with the 'BEST' acronym so somehow, I doubt that if they decided to add a logo they would not stick to the same label, but of course you never know!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by orbitmic
+1. To my knowledge, the cabin maps is the only reliable test I know but of course if AF has introduced some marker of 'best' cabins that would be very nice for all of us!

So far, all the references I have seen by AF themselves has been with the 'BEST' acronym so somehow, I doubt that if they decided to add a logo they would not stick to the same label, but of course you never know!
Call me a sharp tongue but I doubt AF is able to successfully implement such a marker.

Albeit given the pace at which they implement the new seats that shouldn't be too much of a challenge
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
It seems to be the case. I've looked for a flight in J to JFK and only the 777 flights with BEST show this logo. The A330 flight has no logo and the A380 flight has a specific "A380" logo.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed, there is now a logo on all destinations and that is a great addition to spot the BEST version (there is also a logo for A380).
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thanks to you all for your advice and guidance. I actually did follow through to the booking and seat selection for some of my test itins and the challenge for my travel is that North America-CDG-Asia often is 2 777s and from seat maps it looks like the logo is attached if either of the flights has the BEST cabin. So still need to be vigilant.
And of course the equipment can always change between booking and flying.
For me, I'd prefer the BEST cabin but will tolerate a 330 or 340, I just don't want a business class middle seat!
tom
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by mot29
So looking at some AF flights -- but definitely want to avoid, if at all possible, the old 777s with 2-3-2 in business.
Is this logo a fairly good indicator that the plan is to fly the flight with a new cabin plane?
I know I can go through to the seat maps, but rather than check all the options, use this as the first step?
BTW -- looking at YYZ/YUL-CDG-Asia in business.
Thanks.
Yes, this logo indicates updated cabin. If you click on the logo, it describes the new seat design and what to expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.