Wiki Posts
Search

In Seat Video La P

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
In Seat Video La P

I'm looking at my next leisure flight to the States and see on the ITA Matrix that AF has a symbol for "In seat video player" on the 380 in La P. which none of the other airlines seem to show. Last time I went on the 380 La P. it was a simple pop up from the seat small screen. Have they changed in the last 12 months? or is it simply the Matrix adding something?

I'm not that bothered about in flight entertainment but certainly interested in what that symbol actually means.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by lloydah
"In seat video player"
I believe "In seat video player" refers to the presence of a personal entertainment system and hence distinguish from flight thats only have overhead projectors or no entertainment system at all.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
F seats on A380 are old generation. The small video screen is stored in the end of the armrest and retracts. That might be the reason for the term used.
All new seats have a large screen that is part of the front of the seat . It can usually be moved but is not retractable into the seat. Note that the new F seat has a much larger screen but it is very far from seat.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I believe "In seat video player" refers to the presence of a personal entertainment system and hence distinguish from flight thats only have overhead projectors or no entertainment system at all.
I understand that, but most if not all of the flights long haul I've been on have had that same system. It was simply that the AF flights listed had that symbol whilst the others didn't and I don't know of a long haul that doesn't have the same pop up/fold out screens rather than ceiling screens in J or F. In fact I can't remember the last time I flew with a ceiling screen.
I do remember a while ago that BA gave F pax a DVD player to use on their flights as their screens and systems were so out dated. Wondered if AF were doing the same sort of thing.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lloydah
Wondered if AF were doing the same sort of thing.
No. The system is not outdated to that point.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:28 pm

UGH - this reminded me of what I am in for. I just found out the equipment changed on my flight next year from a 777 to an A380.

After flying P on the 777 I am not excited about the A380.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Pdstahl
UGH - this reminded me of what I am in for. I just found out the equipment changed on my flight next year from a 777 to an A380.

After flying P on the 777 I am not excited about the A380.
While you will miss the curtains, I don't think the A380 P seat is bad at all. I can sleep fine on it which is the part that counts the most.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:01 am

agreed, it was just frustrating to find out that I was "downgraded." I still prefer AF P to most other providers.

On a more positive note I called the La Premiere hotline to discuss the change and they were amazing as always.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.