Wiki Posts
Search

Error booking promo award?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Error booking promo award?

I was trying to make a booking for one of the Promo awards online, got all the way through to payment screen and it gave an error, saying to call number below. Called FB support and they couldn't book it as it was a promo award... I've made the booking all I needed to do was pay. They said to try making reservation online again, but now there isn't availability (my original res is 'on hold'). Didn't see a way to cancel the hold, how long does it take to time out? Or should I try to call web support again?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Or should I try to call web support again?
Definitely.

Web support can take over in case of issues. They have to in fact. This is their job.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Web support rerouted me to FB support again. They said they were able to book it for me at promo award price but took a long time on hold for them to recalc taxes. It's still only showing 'on hold' though and my cc hasn't been charged.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Web support rerouted me to FB support again. They said they were able to book it for me at promo award price but took a long time on hold for them to recalc taxes. It's still only showing 'on hold' though and my cc hasn't been charged.
It looks like you are on the right track.

Keep us posted.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
It looks like you are on the right track.

Keep us posted.
Looks like it just took awhile in the queue. Points have been deducted and I see the pending charge on my CC. So it's all good. IAH-CDG-CMN for 17.5k is a steal.

Now just to get back... unfortunately no CDG-IAH promo availability return after Thanksgiving And RBA/CMN-CDG don't connect to the IAH flight anyway.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:50 am

Looks like it just took awhile in the queue. Points have been deducted and I see the pending charge on my CC. So it's all good. IAH-CDG-CMN for 17.5k is a steal. .
^
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:16 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I had a similar issue recently. Asked on Facebook for support, they called me for credit card info (taxes) and it was issued as a classic award at promo prices: 5K miles ATH-AMS. Not bad!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Looks like it just took awhile in the queue. Points have been deducted and I see the pending charge on my CC. So it's all good. IAH-CDG-CMN for 17.5k is a steal.
I ended up in threading looking for some flying blue info. I am looking at LAX-CDG-CMN for late Jan 2017 and its around 25k points ow. Cant seem to find 17.5k award for weeks. Either way, its still cheaper than United's 40k OW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.