Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Transiting CDG

Hello,

I have a flight on DL/AF from DTW to WAW with a transit through CDG. The is only 65 minutes. I called an they assured me that this is a legal connection. However, don't I have to go through passport control on the transit since it would be non-schengen flight connecting to schengen flight? She seemed pretty adamant that this was not the case, but I disagree. The inbound flight arrives at 2E and departs from 2F so they are right next to eachother, but if I need to go through passport control it seems this might be pushing it.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, this is a perfectly legal connection (otherwise they would not sell it). You are correct, you will arrive in 2E and will connect to 2F and yes, you will have to clear immigration. This is perfectly doable providing your incoming flight is on-time. Of course, do not loose time en-route. I have done similar connections multiple times in 20 min gate-to-gate. It of course depends on the length of the lines at immigration. Do you travel in J or do you have any status in a Skyteam FFP ? Because if yes, you can use the priority lanes (called SkyPriority / Accès N°1)
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:04 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Welcome to Flyertalk kjandrews1992,

As the issue you raise relates to a transfer within AF's hub at CDG, I am moving this thread to the Air France forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
France forum moderator
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I agree with the above. It's going to be a smooth transit. From my experience its usually about 15 minutes. Even quicker in case you can use Sky Priority. In case your incoming flight is considerably delayed and tings are very tight you can talk to an agent at the line entrance, and they will help you to skip the lines. And in case you'll miss your connection, the transfer desk will rebook you on the next one.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Perfectly doable if on time.
Note that immigration officers have been taken from their usual non-Shengen duties to check on pax arriving from Shengen destinations. Lines can be longer than usual.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Perfectly doable if on time.
Note that immigration officers have been taken from their usual non-Shengen duties to check on pax arriving from Shengen destinations. Lines can be longer than usual.
Lines are indeed longer. I transited twice 2F-2E(L-Gates) and vice versa in the last 2 weeks. Only 1 immigration officer working attending all the lines. ADP staff are not giving priority to access #1 line and are holding pax back. Very unpleasant as CDG looses one of the main reasons to be considered a good airport for transiting if you have status. Wait time around 15 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.