Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for delayed baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Compensation for delayed baggage

Hi All. I'm hoping that someone with more experience than me can help me claim compensation from AF for delayed baggage twice on the same trip. The baggage handling agents in both cases seemed to think I was in line for compensation but I cannot see how to apply for it on the AF website. The two situations are as follows:

1. Travelling from MAN-CDG-RNS (arrival 10:35am). Baggage missed connection at CDG. Baggage was available 8 hours after my arrival but AF would not deliver it until the next morning before 11am so I went to the airport and collected it myself that evening.

2. Travelling from PUF-CDG-MAN (arrival 10:20am). Baggage missed connection at CDG. Was delivered to my home at 21:00 the same day.

Am I eligible for compensation in either/both situation? How much? How do I claim it? I am UK-based.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Did you incur any reasonable expenses due to the delay? Clothes, toiletries, travel expenses to collect your bad in situation 1? If yes, you might want to claim them from AF (or your travel insurer). Otherwise no chance getting any money from AF; perhaps some miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.