AF to return to GLA

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Deleted
Old May 14, 2016, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jsfr

You have to walk around/through the busy Pub to get to the lounge which was bright with windows (and views over the grey and dismal Glaswegian scenery) -
You must have binocular vision to see any part of Glasgow from inside the airport.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
You must have binocular vision to see any part of Glasgow from inside the airport.
Haha I was about to say the same thing!
Old May 18, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Glaswegian Scenery = The hills surrounding the city

I have never been known to accuse Glasgow itself of being Scenic in any way shape or form....
Old May 20, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Ardecos
The flights from EDI are AF but are operated by HOP, so they will have AF arrangements. How you supply business class arrangements on an Embraer is another question.
Upgrade to an A320?
Old May 20, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by jsfr
Co-incidentally, flew it Friday (day of your post). Hadn't been to Glasgow in over a year so was happy to have a direct AF flight back.

Not a problem for priority security and lounge access (BP on my phone, no voucher needed).

Glasgow airport seems to become worse every time I go there (despite the weird renovations a few years back) - typical annoying UK thing of making passengers walk through a shopping mall with perfume stands all over the walkway.

You have to walk around/through the busy Pub to get to the lounge which was bright with windows (and views over the grey and dismal Glaswegian scenery) - quite busy, the thing which struck me was that there was a bar with barmaid and nearly one in every two tables had people drinking alcohol (mostly beer and wine, some spirits). This was at 9am.....

Boarding was a bit of a disaster - no priority lane, boarding gate was in a narrower part of second wing of the terminal so it was somewhat of a free for all (they did announce Priority/Business passengers only at the beginning, however, it was probably lost on most passengers either due to the Glaswegian accent or due to the amount of alcohol being consumed early in the morning).

The flight was pretty much full, normal AF short haul service (although the croissants were stale). On time.

I normally arrive either early or late in CDG (actually this flight has pretty bad timings for business travel), first time in ages landing at CDG around midday so I was rather surprised with the queues for immigration (seemed like the entire AF A380 fleet had just landed...). Made me start to understand why some complain about CDG....
Thanks for that report.

I think EDI's recent "upgrade" of their duty free will take some beating in the shopping centre stakes. You literally can't avoid it!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
AF to drop GLA from W17

Air France will drop Glasgow from October 28 2017.

Originally Posted by Business Traveller
Air France and United are both quitting Glasgow this winter.

The French national airline only returned to the route in March of last year. But already it has decided to suspend services owing to poor passenger load factors.

In a somewhat nebulous statement emailed to Business Traveller, Air France says “from October 28 Air France will be adapting its flight offering from Paris CDG by suspending its route to Glasgow.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.