Wiki Posts
Search

AF650 CDG-CUN business class seat question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
AF650 CDG-CUN business class seat question

Does flight AF650 have new business class seats?
If it is an old biz class seat - is it comfortable?

I called AirFrance but it is Delta reps who answer the phone. They don't know.

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No need to ask the same question twice in the same forum !
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Goldorak.

Thank You for answering my question in another thread. Delta agents even told me to call AirFrance in France. I told them that it was a "brilliant" suggestion.

May I ask You is that seat on CDG_CUN route comfortable? I finally found one repot. Is that the same seat? http://flight-report.com/fr/report-4659.html
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You are welcome
Yes, this is the seat I was talking about (NEV4).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Don't kill me, guys, for asking this question. I was unable to find the answer on AF site.
Where can I find the menu from business class for AF650 CDG-CUN?
(my friend doesn't speak English nor French, so I want to translate the menu in advance)

PS Delta rep replied the following to question: the menu changes every day!!!!
That is the type of idiotic replies I am getting for any simple question that I ask.

I also asked which gates 2 specific flights arrive and leave from (the past info. I obviously understand that it could change) - the reply: we don't have this info! As if pilots park planes at any gate they feel like.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not quite sure why you regard the answers as "idiotic".
AF does not publish menus and call centre agents (even if it were AF ones) would, afaik, not have that information (nor would they have information about which gates flights have arrived at either, for that matter).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
I am not quite sure why you regard the answers as "idiotic".
If agent comment that "they change menu EVERY DAY!" is not idiotic for You, then I have nothing to say. In addition, I have stated that I couldn't get correct answer from AirFrance about the type of seat on the flight and why there is a "hour difference" upon arrival.

All of my question have been answered by people on the forum, not by the airline agents. i don't think that I was posing such difficult and inappropriate questions about flights/products.

I appreciate that You answered my question: that AF doesn't publish their menu.

PS I am trying to figure out how far are the gates to make the connection in terminal 2E. Connection time would be around 45 minutes and it is stressful for someone who hasn't been to airport (CDG) and doesn't speak English nor French.

Last edited by ellylex; Oct 14, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellylex
If agent comment that "they change menu EVERY DAY!" is not idiotic for You, then I have nothing to say.
Well, I guess that we have look at things rather differently. To me, using the term "idiotic" is unnecessarily disparaging of the agent. The answer may have been unconvincing, dubious, probably erroneous, etc... I suspect that if I had been in your shoes at the receiving end of such a call, I would have doubted the validity of the literal statement too but would have taken its core message, namely that they do not have the information you were looking for and would not have concluded from this that the agent was an idiot.
I can quite see how an agent, put on the spot to come up with an answer to unusual questions that must have felt strange to him/her, might have come up with something like that which, while erroneous from a literal perspective, nonetheless conveys the more important truth, namely that they do not have the information you requested.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

I am sure someone here will show me the website that shows flight gates and perhaps menu as well. I wish those answers came from people who are getting paid for that.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish those answers came from people who are getting paid for that.
It seems to me that you have a rather unrealistic view of what call centre agents are expected to do and what information they have in their possession. I am not privy to job descriptions for AF call centre agents but I do not believe that it includes providing menus for individual flights or information about historical arrival gates. This is not what they are "paid for", as you put it.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

NickB,

I was simply asking them which gates today's flights arrived at. And if they couldn't see that, I asked to check yesterday's info. I don't see what is so "unrealistic" in my question/request as You put it.

I am able to find such info for US airlines. Why it shouldn't be the case for AF?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

To Ellylex :
- AF doesn't publish their menus, as said by NickB. Never been to CUN, but I believe the menu will display Spanish language in addition to French and English (if it can help your friend).
- gates : impossible to know in advance, even the departing concourse inside 2E (K, L or M). You can check gates everyday on ADP website, but that won't tell you the gates for your specific day of travel.

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 15, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Goldorak,

Thank You!!!
I was waiting for Your rescue )))
About the gates - I was asking which gate the flight arrived at "Today".
I am not familiar what ADP website is ( adp.com doesn't work, so it has to be smth else.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
(...)( adp.com doesn't work, so it has to be smth else.
When .com does not work, quite often the country suffix will do.

Paris being in ... France, .fr will do the trick.

The site language can be changed by clicking on the country flag. Then you have a choice of Union Jack meaning English in this part of the world or Chinese flag.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Goldorak,

Thank You!!!
I was waiting for Your rescue )))
About the gates - I was asking which gate the flight arrived at "Today".
I am not familiar what ADP website is ( adp.com doesn't work, so it has to be smth else.
You are welcome
In fact ADP site is not displaying the arrival gates, only the departure gates.
The address of the site is :
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/homepage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.