Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 hour connection at CDG, Terminal 2E - lounge advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
4 hour connection at CDG, Terminal 2E - lounge advice

Researching the maze that is Terminal 2E at CDG. We arrive 11:35 am on the AF A380 from SFO in biz, depart 3:45 pm on AF to EDI, also in biz.

I realize there are two "halls" in Terminal 2E connected by an airside tram. In which hall is the Arrivals Lounge? Are we likely to arrive/depart from different lounges?

We have plenty of time between flights, but definitely want to get showers and hopefully a Spa treatment in the Arrivals lounge and strategize when to leave the lounge and get to our departure gate to EDI.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by DavidO
Researching the maze that is Terminal 2E at CDG. We arrive 11:35 am on the AF A380 from SFO in biz, depart 3:45 pm on AF to EDI, also in biz.

I realize there are two "halls" in Terminal 2E connected by an airside tram. In which hall is the Arrivals Lounge? Are we likely to arrive/depart from different lounges?

We have plenty of time between flights, but definitely want to get showers and hopefully a Spa treatment in the Arrivals lounge and strategize when to leave the lounge and get to our departure gate to EDI.
There are actually 3 Concourses in Terminal 2E these days, none of which have an arrivals lounge. There is an arrivals lounge in Terminal 2D, and with a 4 hour connection time shouldn't be an issue, but I've never personally used that lounge so I can't offer any advice on it. Considering you are staying within 2E it is not worth it to go to the arrivals lounge as you will have to go through passport control. all of the lounges in 2E have showers, and I believe 2M and 2K are the concourses with spa treatments. If my memory serves me right most of the flights to the UK leave from 2L though, where the lounge does have showers but does not have a spa or hot food. Someone with more experience flying to the UK can confirm/deny that though.

EDIT: Forgot EDI wasn't in the Schengen area, excuse me.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
3 concouses in 2E and yes you may arrive and depart from different concourses (from SFO with the A380, you will arrive at L or M, to EDI you will leave from L or K.

No need to go to arrival lounge for this (and in any case there is no spa there). You can use your departing lounge which has showers, as said by Agremeister.

Originally Posted by Agremeister
There are actually 3 Concourses in Terminal 2E these days, none of which have an arrivals lounge.
Correct

There is an arrivals lounge in Terminal 2D, and with a 4 hour connection time shouldn't be an issue
The arrival lounge is in 2C, not 2D. Indeed not an issue with 4hrs connection time, but as you said, not really justified IMO.

Considering you are staying within 2E it is not worth it to go to the arrivals lounge as you will have to go through passport control. all of the lounges in 2E have showers
Correct. Same opinion.

and I believe 2M and 2K are the concourses with spa treatments.
No : L and M.

If my memory serves me right most of the flights to the UK leave from 2L though, where the lounge does have showers but does not have a spa or hot food.
UK flights leave from K or L. Impossible to know in advance. Specifically for EDI flights, most of my flights have left from K but I had several from L.
K has hot food (at meal times), showers but no spa.
L has no hot food, but has both showers and spa.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 7:15 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Thank you...

So is this an accurate (graphical) summary?

Last edited by DavidO; Sep 20, 2015 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So is this an accurate (graphical) summary?
Yes, no mistake
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
The K lounge also has a spa, unless they closed since my last visit there this summer. It's also the only one where I more or less regularly find free slots for treatments.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:43 am

Hello, im traveling to LAX and i have a connection at CDG airport, both the arrival and departure are at terminal E, but i read that terminal E has 3 halls (K, L and M). What is the most likely hall for “departure” if the aircraft is Airbus 380?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Yousra00
Hello, im traveling to LAX and i have a connection at CDG airport, both the arrival and departure are at terminal E, but i read that terminal E has 3 halls (K, L and M). What is the most likely hall for “departure” if the aircraft is Airbus 380?
Only L and M can accommodate the A380.
L is open all day. M operates only on mornings and early afternoons, bearing special circumstances.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Only L and M can accommodate the A380.
L is open all day. M operates only on mornings and early afternoons, bearing special circumstances.
Thank you so muchh!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.