Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your reservation cannot be completed in this country,

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Your reservation cannot be completed in this country,

I made an online reservation by using cheapoair. After ı tried t see my reservation on Air france, ı got a notificaton saying that "Your reservation cannot be completed in this country, please click here, if you wish to make changes to your reservation." What should ı do? Do ı need to change my reservation? or Is ıt something to do with my living in Turkey?

please help..
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Yasin Bilgic
I made an online reservation by using cheapoair. After ı tried t see my reservation on Air france, ı got a notificaton saying that "Your reservation cannot be completed in this country, please click here, if you wish to make changes to your reservation." What should ı do? Do ı need to change my reservation? or Is ıt something to do with my living in Turkey?

please help..
The warning that you need to connect to the relevant country website to make changes is not uncommon on AF. I don't think that you should worry as long as you can see your booking.
To make changes, you would usually need to connect to the AF website in the country where your travel originate. That is assuming that your ticket is changeable.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It means that cheapoair has booked the ticket in a different country than what you have selected when entering the AF website. Just click on the link and it will bring you to the AF website in the country cheapoair operates from. This is perfectly normal and very common
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
It means that cheapoair has booked the ticket in a different country than what you have selected when entering the AF website. Just click on the link and it will bring you to the AF website in the country cheapoair operates from. This is perfectly normal and very common
Yes, had to do the same yesterday with a flight from US back to UK. All I did was sign in under Airfrance.co.uk rather than .com.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by lloydah
Yes, had to do the same yesterday with a flight from US back to UK. All I did was sign in under Airfrance.co.uk rather than .com.
Every ticket booked is made through an "Office ID" which is attached to a specific country. Air France website is looking at this Office ID when displaying your booking and if you're on a Country Air France Website that does not match the country of the booking it will display this and invite you to use the matching website.

This is mainly due to manage bookings in the correct currency and rules attached to the country of the booking.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
I have had this problem for the AF bookings I have made since december last year. I book through a travel agent (in Italy) and when I access my account on the AF website it does find my booking, however displaying the infamous message (your reservation cannot be completed in this country, please click here if you want to make changes). I actually do not want to make changes, simply to pre-assign seats, so I do "click here", I get redirected to airfrance.co.uk, but even from there I cannot assign seats. I called my travel agent, they have no clue what is happening and claim that they have nothing to do with the UK, however they are at least able to assign seats for me. As a further data point: this happens both before and after the ticket is issued. And it did not happen before the end of last year.
Any idea what is happening ?
many thanks !
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:43 pm

What do you mean by assigning seats before the ticket has been issued?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
What do you mean by assigning seats before the ticket has been issued?
Depending on the fare class you book, the advance ticketing requirements are different. Some fares need to be ticketed immediately (or within 24 hrs of booking), some other 14 days before departure and the most expensive/flexible just before departure. So for some bookings, you may hold them unticketed for weeks or even months. That doesn't prevent you to pre-assign seats on long-haul.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Depending on the fare class you book, the advance ticketing requirements are different. Some fares need to be ticketed immediately (or within 24 hrs of booking), some other 14 days before departure and the most expensive/flexible just before departure. So for some bookings, you may hold them unticketed for weeks or even months. That doesn't prevent you to pre-assign seats on long-haul.
Yes this is precisely the case: the trip is in september, the ticketing deadline is two weeks before the first flight (it is a business class fare). Still seats can be assigned and in the past I used to do it logging into my FB account and accessing the reservation from there. In the past 10 months I cannot do this anymore and I have to do it through my travel agent. Didn't try calling AF yet to ask if they have a clue, but I trust the people on FT to be more competent than most call centres.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ottone
Yes this is precisely the case: the trip is in september, the ticketing deadline is two weeks before the first flight (it is a business class fare). Still seats can be assigned and in the past I used to do it logging into my FB account and accessing the reservation from there. In the past 10 months I cannot do this anymore and I have to do it through my travel agent. Didn't try calling AF yet to ask if they have a clue, but I trust the people on FT to be more competent than most call centres.
I have no problem on my side, either with my personal bookings done on AF website or with my work bookings done through an OTA. I can pre-assign and change seats before and after ticketing. But the bookings a done in France as P.O.S with France as departing point, so this is a slightly different situation as you.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:59 am

Actually I have discovered, by sheer chance, that I can make changes to my seat assignments if I access my FB account via the KLM webpage instead of the AF page. Must have something to do with the way my TA does the bookings. Anyway the problem seems to be solved now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.