Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France 747-400 best business class seats with a dog?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Air France 747-400 best business class seats with a dog?

Air France 747-400, business class.
Two people traveling together with 6kg (in cabin) dog. Which would be the "most private" two seats in the cabin?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I'd say that 3AB or 3KL are the most private seats.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Zembla
Thanks, more so than row 4 (the last row in the forward business cabin)?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla
I fail to see what's different between row 3 and rows 2 or 4 ? I would say the bulkhead row 1 may be...
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I would say the bulkhead row 1 may be...
I'd say row 1 is less private because you are much nearer the people on the other side of the aisle. I'd say that in the front cabin row 4 gives the most privacy if that is what is wanted (furthest space from other side of the aisle, no one behind you so you only have people on two sides and not 3).

However, the overall most private pair of seats would be 8KL as you are really quite secluded from the rest.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'd say row 1 is less private because you are much nearer the people on the other side of the aisle. I'd say that in the front cabin row 4 gives the most privacy if that is what is wanted (furthest space from other side of the aisle, no one behind you so you only have people on two sides and not 3).

However, the overall most private pair of seats would be 8KL as you are really quite secluded from the rest.
I am reserved in row 4KL currently. Was wondering about row 8KL.

Row 1 is not applicable, since dogs (in cabin) are not allowed in row 1.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Row 1 is not applicable, since dogs (in cabin) are not allowed in row 1.
Oh yes of course because it's a bulkhead row. Sorry for the stupid suggestion
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I fail to see what's different between row 3 and rows 2 or 4 ? I would say the bulkhead row 1 may be...
Because in row 2 the isle is narrower than in row 3 which brings your neighbours closer, and because row 4 gets more foot traffic than the rows in front of it, especially next to the curtain to the toilets. It's just my opinion on how I experience it.

Ah, good one! Never sat there because I'm a nose-section-fan. Alas, I can't try 8KL, I had my last AF 747 flight to YUL recently., it's unlikely I'll be on one again before they take them out of the fleet

In any case. My favourite 747 J seat in the skies is 1A on KLM

Last edited by Zembla; Jul 17, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Oh yes of course because it's a bulkhead row. Sorry for the stupid suggestion
Not stupid at all. Quite frankly, it would be easier in the bulkhead row.

I was able to get 8KL on the 747, and while the Air France seat map does not do a good job of showing it's "privacy," I very much appreciate the advice given above.

Now, for the return BOS-CDG, it's an Air France A330-200 and I reserved 4KJ (same scenario, two passengers with in cabin dog). Curious if there are any thoughts about a better/preferred option.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Not stupid at all. Quite frankly, it would be easier in the bulkhead row.

I was able to get 8KL on the 747, and while the Air France seat map does not do a good job of showing it's "privacy," I very much appreciate the advice given above.
I hope you'll like it. To be honest, I am more of a nose fan myself too because I mostly care about views and row 1 gets the best one because of the curvature of the plane. However, my friends who prefer privacy swear by 8KL so hopefully that will be confirmed!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Now, for the return BOS-CDG, it's an Air France A330-200 and I reserved 4KJ (same scenario, two passengers with in cabin dog). Curious if there are any thoughts about a better/preferred option.
Any further thoughts on the A330-200? I have 4KJ, I do believe row 5 is also open.

I hope you'll like it. To be honest, I am more of a nose fan myself too because I mostly care about views and row 1 gets the best one because of the curvature of the plane. However, my friends who prefer privacy swear by 8KL so hopefully that will be confirmed!
747 worked great with Mr. Leo the wonder dog. Very private seats. Great with a pet (especially, when flying with another companion in the other seat).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.