Search

Air France spam

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Air France spam

I just noticed that I am receiving lottery/game spam emails. These were sent to my Air France email address. This strongly suggests that the Air France has leaked their user details (purposefully or not).

Did anybody else receive spam from Air France? In my case it's from a lottery called Skioo, with subject line "Win thousands of gifts with Skioo !"

How do I know this was from air france: With Gmail you can include a random text in your email address when signing up for things. So on the air france website I have used the text "airfrance" in the email address. I am now receiving spam on that same address.

Example: if your email address is '[email protected]', you can use '[email protected]' to sign up for airfrance news/promo's. All email received on that email address must then be from Air France.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
France is in the Air!
Air France is in the Internets!
Air France email is in the Spam Folder!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:53 am

I didn't get anything like that and, with the all the crap that gets electronically circulated in this day & age, I wouldn't be so sure that the e-mail you got strongly suggests some degree of involvement from AF

G
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: Many
I do not know about AF but your experience is precisely why I use the 33mail.com service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.