Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignments

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Seat Assignments

I booked a couple of tickets on AF First, with all TATL legs on a380.

Some flights show that the airplane has 3 rows (9 seats). However, from CDG-SFO in August, the seat map shows only two rows (5 seats).

I want to get the two seats together in row 3, which the agent could not assign.

Likewise on my intra-European legs all of the aisles seats are blocked, yet EF shows most rows with an open aisle.

Are there multiple configurations of the a380?
Is there another way to get these seats?

Thank you,
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Member

I think AF blocks some seat access in First. May have something to do with staffing. But all the A380s have same configuration in La Premiere.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KatW
I think AF blocks some seat access in First. May have something to do with staffing. But all the A380s have same configuration in La Premiere.
Indeed.

We had an interesting discussion about this at the beginning of the year :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...y-p-cabin.html
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Has indeed to do with staffing.

One of my trusted friend recently flew on A380 from HKG. Was assigned a middle seat in the second row as only 5 seats were open to assignment (single seat in row 1 and row 2).
Once onboard, he was told that they will only serve dinner in the first rows near the galley (by agreement between unions and management). They were not supposed to prepare a bed in the third row, but the flight attendant said that she would be nice and do it for him. So he moved seat for dinner and breakfast. Not optimal because he had to move his personal stuff, but not bad.
This will not happen on 777 anymore as the F cabin will only have one row of F seat, when F is available. The staffing only has to be increased for 6+ pax.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Interesting thread.

Ultimately, the row assignment is inconsequential, yet while the service restrictions seem like a fair compromise on paper we'll see how it pans out when I ask for service in row 3.

Regards
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Seating 'on request'

Slightly O/T but didn't want to start a new thread.

I've booked a flight BCN / CDG / DUS on 18 July. On the AF website it says 'seating available at check-in'. When I view the booking through my KLM / FB account it says 'seats on request'. Does this mean that the flight is oversold? I know these are short intra-European sectors but I'd like to get a seat allocation in advance as I have a severe allergy to middle seats!

Thanks,
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ptr120
Slightly O/T but didn't want to start a new thread.

I've booked a flight BCN / CDG / DUS on 18 July. On the AF website it says 'seating available at check-in'. When I view the booking through my KLM / FB account it says 'seats on request'. Does this mean that the flight is oversold? I know these are short intra-European sectors but I'd like to get a seat allocation in advance as I have a severe allergy to middle seats!

Thanks,
Advanced seat selection does not exist in short-haul flights, unless you are booked in Business.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Advanced seat selection does not exist in short-haul flights, unless you are booked in Business.
I couldn't select seats (via AF website) in CDG - GVA - CDG in Business last month either. Got the same Error Message as ptr120 if I remember correctly.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:28 am
Original Member

Two recent flights in La Premiere --

SFO - CDG, 8 July: we were two of three passengers
CDG -SFO, 23 July: we were two of nine passengers, full house

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.