Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Intra Europe Large Planes?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
AF Intra Europe Large Planes?

Which AF routes have larger planes?

I recall AF had a wide body jet CDG-NCE before, maybe it was seasonal. Want to redeem for a intra-Europe award but was curious what cities had larger aircraft.

I found CDG-BEY on A330 but unfortunately BEY is not considered Europe whereas TLV is albeit with a A320. Also found A321 to Warsaw, but seems basically same as the A320/737/A319.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Which AF routes have larger planes?

I recall AF had a wide body jet CDG-NCE before, maybe it was seasonal. Want to redeem for a intra-Europe award but was curious what cities had larger aircraft.

I found CDG-BEY on A330 but unfortunately BEY is not considered Europe whereas TLV is albeit with a A320. Also found A321 to Warsaw, but seems basically same as the A320/737/A319.
No AF routes intra-Europe has widebodies regularly. Destinations who are very popular in summer such as NCE, BIA etc can receive a widebody or two in the summer but intra-Europe is limited to the A32X-series most of the time.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by joyu12
No AF routes intra-Europe has widebodies regularly. Destinations who are very popular in summer such as NCE, BIA etc can receive a widebody or two in the summer but intra-Europe is limited to the A32X-series most of the time.
Indeed, no regular but typically there are some regular (sometimes weekly) "big bird" rotations in peak summer on ORY-Corsica routes, and some occasional big birds to NCE (like the evening of the Monaco Grand Prix + results of Cannes, a few peak summer days, etc. Of course, it becomes more frequent in case of strikes/major irrops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.