Search

Air France iPhone app - Bravo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Air France iPhone app - Bravo

Just wanted to share my extreme happiness with the Air France iphone app. ^^^

It has gone from ugly, unintuitive, poor on functionalities that were plagued by bugs to something which IMHO has one of the best designs of all airline apps, is a pleasure to use, has more functionalities than most others (including award bookings since about two weeks or so), and is pleasantly free of bugs.

Can't think of any other airline app that is so nice to use, maybe with the exception of easyjet, in its own very different way. Not the other Europeans (KL, VY, BA and LH are quite good, but not as good as AF; IB and OS are middle of the road; LX is absolute horrendous crap), and I am not that impressed by the US and Asian ones either (DL quite good, AA surprisingly poor, UA is OK). The ME3 are poor or don't even have one.

Bravo Air France!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
While I do like the app for the various reasons you list, I wish the functionality pertaining to seat selection - before, during and particularly after checking in (I always like to see whether I have a neighbor or not) - were as good as on DL's app.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Indeed less bugs than on the main web site. For a coming long-haul trip, I was unable to select seats on the main web site (error message when finishing the process) while I was able to do it in 30s without bug on the iPhone App ^
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by ajs123
While I do like the app for the various reasons you list, I wish the functionality pertaining to seat selection - before, during and particularly after checking in (I always like to see whether I have a neighbor or not) - were as good as on DL's app.
Agreed. But to be fair, Delta has had a far superior app for a while, and AF has done a great progress while still being on very week feet (their IT infrastructure is messy).
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
not sure what the app for iphone looks like but the one for Android is a really well done one. Great job, Air France! Really liking the design and the functionalities. Surprisingly it is better than the KLM app.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
not sure what the app for iphone looks like but the one for Android is a really well done one. Great job, Air France! Really liking the design and the functionalities. Surprisingly it is better than the KLM app.
I do have both and the iPhone one is far superior IMHO.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
Originally Posted by olivedel
I do have both and the iPhone one is far superior IMHO.
do you have the *new* one? I remember having two AF apps for a while, they did not upgrade their own one but actually released a new app.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Dominikkk
do you have the *new* one? I remember having two AF apps for a while, they did not upgrade their own one but actually released a new app.
I just saw the update. Brilliant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.