Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIH to LHR (via CDG) baggage query

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas PlatinumOne (OneWorld Emerald)
FIH to LHR (via CDG) baggage query

Hi all,

For an upcoming trip to Congo, I'm flying home FIH to LHR (via CDG) with AF. (Incidentally, I usually fly BA, but am going AF since they have the routes to West Africa, and I'm very impressed with the price. LHR - BZV & FIH - LHR, all in Premium Economy, for a total price of 1450GBP is great!)

My query is about the check through of my luggage. Even though I'm buying the route through to LHR as one ticket, and both legs are AF, I assume that I should collect and re-check my luggage at CDG. Is this correct?

My reasoning is nothing to do with capability at CDG, but because I understand that FIH airport works with very few automated systems and literally does handwritten luggage tags for each bag. In these circumstances, I'm struggling to believe that my bag will successfully be identified at CDG as needing to be put onto my flight to LHR.

Very grateful for opinions from anybody who has flown this situation - or anything like it, ie from a very basic developing world airport with an AF flight connection.

Also, does anybody know if I'll have problems with my ticket if I go landside at CDG to collect my bag, and then try to check in for my flight to LHR? (Since AF will be expecting me to simply connect.) I'm a UK passport holder, so there's no immigration issue for me in Paris, but I don't know AF's processes well enough to understand if I'll have a problem.

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No. Your bag will be checked through final destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.