Search

Air France meals are they any good?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
Air France meals are they any good?

Hello Everyone,
I'll be flying Air France from Houston to Paris round trip soon. I was wondering the meal on Premium Economy any good? I know that Coming from Paris to Houston you can select your meals. Please advise.

Thank you
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
You can see pictures of actual meals with a rating and usually some description at airlinemeals.net This site has given me the impression that Air France serves above average quality meals in all cabins. Naturally there are times things go wrong and general quality will vary with the catering kitchen preparing the meal.

There is an option to purchase an enhanced meal online in their booking management for economy passengers and I believe premium economy as well but you already get some level of upgraded meal in premium economy. I would personally stick with that. I would consider paying for the upgraded meal in regular economy as they look very nice.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pgppetch
but you already get some level of upgraded meal in premium economy.
Not that much upgraded. The meal is the same except the appetizer.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Usalv
Hello Everyone,
I'll be flying Air France from Houston to Paris round trip soon. I was wondering the meal on Premium Economy any good? I know that Coming from Paris to Houston you can select your meals. Please advise.

Thank you
Actually, unless something has changed since Jan., if your ticket was not purchased from AF(e.g., DL), you won't be able to preorder one of the upgraded meals from CDG. Been there, tried to do that CDG-IAH, in PV on an 006 codeshare ticket and was told no can do.

Last edited by arkangel; Sep 17, 2014 at 12:45 pm Reason: grammatical correction
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by arkangel
Actually, unless something has changed since Jan., if you're ticket was not purchased from AF(e.g., DL), you won't be able to preorder one of the upgraded meals from CDG. Been there, tried to do that CDG-IAH, in PV on an 006 codeshare ticket and was told no can do.
That's. I'm thinking about using a Travel agent. Maybe she can request my meal when she's scheduling my flight.

Last edited by Usalv; Sep 17, 2014 at 5:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.