Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best use for 50,000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Best use for 50,000 miles?

So, I just discovered that I had 50,000 miles in my FB account. I don't fly AF/KL anymore as they pulled out of IKA a couple of years ago and AZ product from IKA is crap (A-320).

What would be the best use for those miles ex NCE or IKA?

Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The best use of miles is to redeem them for flights (rather than hotel stays, car hire, etc) though given the long-haul redemption rate changes of last year, and the gutting of the Promo Awards (which used to always give a reduction of 50% on a selection of destinations, but which now usually give only a 25% reduction), flight redemptions on Flying Blue are now even less generous than before.

The current list of Promo Awards can always be consulted on their website: here.

Promo Awards may not suit, given that the list of destinations is limited (it changes each month now) and given that you can only book travel for a two-month period commencing 2 months after the present month.

Otherwise, the best use of FB miles is to book an award flight for what would, otherwise, be a rather expensive cash ticket - say, a one-way journey, or a last-minute redemption where the cheaper/cheapest fare buckets may not be available.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The best use of miles is to redeem them for flights (rather than hotel stays, car hire, etc) though given the long-haul redemption rate changes of last year, and the gutting of the Promo Awards (which used to always give a reduction of 50% on a selection of destinations, but which now usually give only a 25% reduction), flight redemptions on Flying Blue are now even less generous than before.

The current list of Promo Awards can always be consulted on their website: here.

Promo Awards may not suit, given that the list of destinations is limited (it changes each month now) and given that you can only book travel for a two-month period commencing 2 months after the present month.

Otherwise, the best use of FB miles is to book an award flight for what would, otherwise, be a rather expensive cash ticket - say, a one-way journey, or a last-minute redemption where the cheaper/cheapest fare buckets may not be available.
Thanks very much. I figure I'll take a short and cheap intra-european flight next time I'm in Europe to extend the life of my miles and get on another promo award. The current campaign has nothing appealing to me.
Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.