Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

1-hr connecting time in CDG, from DUB (CityJet) to DL to SEA - do-able?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

DUB -> CDG -> SEA

CityJet on DUB -> CDG, Delta metal on CDG -> SEA. There is only 1 hr connecting time. I have Sky Priority. Can I remotely make this or am I going to end camping in the airport?

When I came through SEA -> CDG, it took almost an hour to go plane to plane, or more. I gave myself a day just in case it's missed, so it wouldn't be a big deal.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Depends. How fast can you run? That DUB flight is probably going to be late, so let's say it's 30 minutes late and they start boarding 15-20 minutes before departure.

Good luck... you're gonna need it.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I doubt you'll make it. From memory, this will involve a 2G-2E transfer at CDG (not entirely sure CityJet operates Dublin flights from 2E or 2G). Even if you flight is on time, boarding for SEA will start about 45 mins before departure, and you'll have to go through the US security faff as well. Any delay to your inbound means you'll probably be offloaded.

I'm surprised you were able to ticket this on one PNR, as this strikes me as below the minimum connection time for a euro-international flight connection at CDG. Or is it not one ticket, in which case you really do need to start thinking about your Plan B now.

Last edited by LondonElite; Aug 24, 2014 at 12:14 pm
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm surprised you were able to ticket this on one PNR, as this strikes me as below the minimum connection time for a euro-international flight connection at CDG. Or is it not one ticket, in which case you really do need to start thinking about your Plan B now.
Ironically, my preferred route via AMS with a 2 1/2 hour connecting time doesn't show up on Delta.com. This is too long of a flight to not take advantage of the double miles on a long leg like this.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:02 pm
Suspended

But are both flights on one ticket?

Edited to add...I see the MCT between 2E and 2G is 120 minutes, which makes me think that you booked this as two separate tickets. Is this the case? If so, and you miss your SEA flight, you'll be out of luck with rebooking and pretty much on your own.

If your DUB-CDG flight is into 2E, then you may just scrape by if you're on time.

Last edited by LondonElite; Aug 24, 2014 at 12:14 pm
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes, it was one ticket, one conf #, one purchase through Delta.com.

Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:20 pm
Suspended

You'll be sweaty, but protected at least. I really can't be sure if you'll have to hike from 2G to 2E, but from the ticketing it seems like you probably don't, since the published MCT is 120 mins for that. In this case you'll just make it if your flight lands on time. If not, you'll probably get to spend a night at the Sheraton in the terminal.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

From looking around more online, it should be 2E to 2E. Although FlightAware says OP2 in CDG.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:06 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, I'll move to the France forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by x86brandon
From looking around more online, it should be 2E to 2E. Although FlightAware says OP2 in CDG.
The more I look I think I agree with you...2E (although bus to terminal). It has been a while since I've flown DUB-CDG! Good luck to you.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by x86brandon
Suggest you look in this comprehensive thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-thread.html from the DL forum that deals with connections at CDG.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As this covers a connection within AF's hub at CDG, I am moving this thread to the Air France forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
France forum moderator
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
2G is a Schengen-only terminal. So the connection should be 2E to 2E, but with an arrival at a remote stand that may be located close to 2G and a bus ride from the remote stand to 2E. No passport control, no standard security check.

1 hour is tight, but doable, although I would personally not do it, as I hate rushing through a connection at any airport.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JOUY31
2G is a Schengen-only terminal. So the connection should be 2E to 2E, but with an arrival at a remote stand that may be located close to 2G and a bus ride from the remote stand to 2E. No passport control, no standard security check.

1 hour is tight, but doable, although I would personally not do it, as I hate rushing through a connection at any airport.
+1. One issue with remote stands (which you will get on one of the Cityjet operated Avros) is that how fast you run becomes partly irrelevant as the bus will only go when everybody is onboard. A few passengers with difficulties to walk or parents with babies and bulky equipment could result in a lot of worrying, especially if your flight is delayed even if it is not by much.

So while this is doable, it is important that you understand the risk: your itinerary will be protected and your flights are early, but if you miss your SEA flight, which has at least a 20-30% chance of happening, you will be rerouted on two further flights instead of one - most likely CDG-ATL-SEA, CDG-MSP-SEA, or CDG-DTW-SEA.

If you do make the connection, there is also a non-insignificant risk that your luggage might not.

If those risks are acceptable for you and this is the best itinerary offered, then go for it. If you think this would be too much hassle, then book something else.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: KLM FB, BA EC, Miles&Mafia, Delta SM, Mile High Club
There are plenty of other flights that get you there on the same day, arrival at SEA about 6 or 7 PM.

It's worth asking in DUB if they can book you on a DUB-LHR-SEA connection instead, especially if DUB-CDG is delayed. A transfer at LHR may sound like hell, but the alternative is much worse. Taking a later flight out of Paris boots you into the bag claim - immigration - customs, check-your-bags-again madness that american airports use to punish their connecting customers.

On the bright side, you'll get €600 for your time and trouble per EC261/04. Just don't take no for an answer if Delta tries to weasel out of it.

Last edited by Diabo; Aug 24, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.