Wiki Posts
Search

Air+Rail Experience from CDG to Brussels Midi

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer
Air+Rail Experience from CDG to Brussels Midi

Hi guys -- I am flying from SFO to CDG on AF084 then continuing via TGV from CDG to Brussels Midi. I keep reading on AF's website on what I need to do with luggage...alas, still confused.

When I check in my luggage at SFO, can I checked them all the way through Brussels Midi? Or do I have to claim it at CDG and re-check?

The same applies when I come back. Can I check my luggage at Brussels Midi all the way to SFO or do I have to claim them at CDG?

Help!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
On the outbound, you'll have to collect at CDG. Pretty sure you have to collect on the return as well, but don't quote me on that one
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There's no automatic transfer of bags from plane to train & vice-versa
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There's no automatic transfer of bags from plane to train & vice-versa
Indeed. On both ways, there's some handling staff on the platforms. They can store your luggage in the TGV baggage van for you (optional) but on your return trip you should absolutely get them back at CDG and then you're just like a "Paris-departing" passenger.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: FB Gold
Also when doing OLCI for your return (ZYR-CDG-SFO), you will not receive a BP, but rather a "checked in confirmation". You will have your BP at the AF/KL desk at Brussels Midi. I usually pop in 30 minutes before train departure (since you are tarvelling in C, ask a voucher to go to the Thalys lounge - poor catering, but you can wait on a heated place).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.