Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France honoured by Skytrax for its La Première lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Air France honoured by Skytrax for its La Première lounge

The lounge has been deemed the best first-class lounge in this world. The lounge's restaurant – featuring a menu designed by chef Alain Ducasse – also won a prize for the best food selection in a first-class lounge.

http://www.aviationworldnews.com/new...ource=20140716
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Well done, AF ! Looking forward to enjoying the lounge next January and checking on olivedel's and Goldorak's past and upcoming trip reports .
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The lounge has been deemed the best first-class lounge in this world. The lounge's restaurant – featuring a menu designed by chef Alain Ducasse – also won a prize for the best food selection in a first-class lounge.

http://www.aviationworldnews.com/new...ource=20140716
I'm very Happy for AF for this well deserved distinction ^

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Well done, AF ! Looking forward to enjoying the lounge next January and checking on olivedel's and Goldorak's past and upcoming trip reports .
Hé hé hé of course. I can't wait to be in again , and to read your own trip report
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Congratulations
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well done AF and truly deserved ^
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Congratulations AF. I can only confirm that the lounge is excellent in many ways. This is indeed well deserved! ^
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Any idea where Air France features on the list of best carriers?

Now that they've perfected their La Première lounge in CDG, hopefully they will turn their attention to improving the parts of the airline that 99.99% of its customers use...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Congrats AF! Very happy for them to get some rewards for their efforts.^

Can those that have some possibilities to compare shed some light on how it benchmarks against other top-end lounges: BA Concorde Room, LH First Class Terminal, LH First Class Lounges in FRA and MUC, LX First Class Lounge in ZRH, LX First Class cell in GVA, Emirates Terminal 3 Lounges (A, B, C concourses), Etihad First Class Lounge, Hong Kong The Wing, Singapore Airlines Fist Class, ANA Suite Lounge, QANTAS International First... (I don't even bother mentioning those in the US). Thx
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Congrats AF! Very happy for them to get some rewards for their efforts.^

Can those that have some possibilities to compare shed some light on how it benchmarks against other top-end lounges: BA Concorde Room, LH First Class Terminal, LH First Class Lounges in FRA and MUC, LX First Class Lounge in ZRH, LX First Class cell in GVA, Emirates Terminal 3 Lounges (A, B, C concourses), Etihad First Class Lounge, Hong Kong The Wing, Singapore Airlines Fist Class, ANA Suite Lounge, QANTAS International First... (I don't even bother mentioning those in the US). Thx
Of the ones you listed that I have used, I would rank them as follows (and bear mind this is very much a personal viewpoint) :

1. LH FCT/FCL - the whole package, not much to fault.
2. SQ TPR - not the most "exciting", but peaceful and good quality F&B.
3. EK FCL (A380 term) - has everything, but just far too big and has no ambiance. Feels like a blinged-up terminal.
4. HKG Wing - big downgrade since the reno, tacky interior, the Cabanas are the only remotely exciting feature.
5. LX FCL - generally quite boring, but the evening restaurant meal has been excellent.
6. ANA Suite Lounge - dull, with no feature of interest.

Once/if I get to use the AF lounge, I will update. I have a pretty good idea, however, that they will be more or less at the top.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:38 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
A blogger's review of several First Class facilities (with a lot of photographs):

BA: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ndon-heathrow/

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...oody-disaster/

LH: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...nal-frankfurt/

LX: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ch-to-bangkok/

EK: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-lounge-dubai/

OZ: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...seoul-incheon/

TG: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...e-spa-bangkok/

AF: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-lounge-paris/

Originally Posted by onemileatatime
(...)
So there’s lots of lounge food out there that’s edible and even “tasty.” For example, I’d say the food in the Thai Airways lounge in Bangkok is very good, though by no means gourmet restaurant quality.

But my gosh, the food in the Air France lounge was beyond restaurant quality… it was spectacular.
(...)
I found the Air France Class Lounge Paris to be the most seamless airport experience I’ve ever had. The food was also possibly the best food I’ve ever had in a lounge. On the whole I was simply blown away by my Air France experience, and have no clue why I went into it with fairly low expectations.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jul 18, 2014 at 10:54 am
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Singapore Airlines Fist Class
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Great news! Lets hope that AF will not try to raise prices or mileage redemption values for P ;-)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Air France wins the following awards this year:

Best First Class Airline Lounge Dining
Best First Class Comfort Amenities

Keeping the focus on F, Cathay Pacific were named Best First Class Airline Lounge, while Etihad had World's Best First Class, Best First Class Seat and Best First Class Onboard Catering [that latter being a complete surprise, given recent reports on the EY FT forum].

In the overall ranking of airlines, they improve one place, to 14th, thereby trading places with SWISS

The World's Top 100 Airlines - 2016 (2015 Rating)
1 Emirates (5)
2 Qatar Airways (1)
3 Singapore Airlines (2)
4 Cathay Pacific (3)
5 ANAs (7)
6 Etihad Airways (6)
7 Turkish Airlines (4)
8 EVA Air (9)
9 Qantas Airways (10)
10 Lufthansa (12)
11 Garuda Indonesia (8)
12 Hainan Airlines (22)
13 Thai Airways (19)
14 Air France (15)
15 Swiss Int'l Air Lines (14)
16 Asiana Airlines (11)
17 Air New Zealand (17)
18 Virgin Australia (16)
19 Austrian (13)
20 Bangkok Airways (23)
21 Japan Airlines (21)
22 Dragonair (18)
23 AirAsia (25)
24 KLM (28)
25 Virgin America (26)
26 British Airways (20)
27 Finnair (31)
28 Virgin Atlantic (37)
29 Hong Kong Airlines (30)
30 Norwegian (33)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
4. HKG Wing - big downgrade since the reno, tacky interior, the Cabanas are the only remotely exciting feature.
The Pier since its reopening is the better F lounge now in HKG.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Air France wins the following awards this year:

Best First Class Airline Lounge Dining
Best First Class Comfort Amenities
This the 3rd year in a row they are winning the one in bold. Well deserved IMO ^
Congrats AF !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.