Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere 2014 Summer promo

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
La Premiere 2014 Summer promo

France > ABJ-BEY-BJS-BOS-DKR-DXB-HKG-HOU-JKT-JNB-NYC-SAO-SEL-SFO-SHA-SIN-TYO-WAS

Sales until august 24th
Travel from june 30 th to august 24 th

some examples:

PAR > NYC : 4 067 € HT - 4 599 € TTC
PAR > SFO : 4 627 € HT - 5 129 € TTC
PAR > HKG : 4 799 € HT - 5 322 € TTC
PAR > SAO : 4 999 € HT - 5 533 € TTC
PAR > JNB : 4 999 € HT - 5 547 € TTC
PAR > NRT : 5 299 € HT - 5 835 € TTC
PAR > SIN : 5 299 € HT - 5 836 € TTC
(taxes on april 8 th)

Last edited by delanotre; May 4, 2014 at 11:08 am
Old May 5, 2014, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by delanotre
France > ABJ-BEY-BJS-BOS-DKR-DXB-HKG-HOU-JKT-JNB-NYC-SAO-SEL-SFO-SHA-SIN-TYO-WAS

Sales until august 24th
Travel from june 30 th to august 24 th

some examples:

PAR > NYC : 4 067 € HT - 4 599 € TTC
PAR > SFO : 4 627 € HT - 5 129 € TTC
PAR > HKG : 4 799 € HT - 5 322 € TTC
PAR > SAO : 4 999 € HT - 5 533 € TTC
PAR > JNB : 4 999 € HT - 5 547 € TTC
PAR > NRT : 5 299 € HT - 5 835 € TTC
PAR > SIN : 5 299 € HT - 5 836 € TTC
(taxes on april 8 th)
At long last, a discount offer on F that is competitive.

As usual the fare rules of FPRFR on AF website are not fully disclosed, but it seems that the dates are more extensive than what you mentioned. For HKG it appears that the fare of 5,332 (not 5,533) is valid for any departure between June 30 and August 24, with the ticket valid for 12 months. After 24 August the fare rises to 6,643. Same 6,643 fare from Mid-June to June 29.
Old May 5, 2014, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
... For HKG it appears that the fare of 5,332 (not 5,533) ...
5533 is for SAO not HKG

And there is always, from TUN to anywhere in Asia the best fare in first, that remembers the famous JNB-SCL, a few years ago.
Old May 5, 2014, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5533 is for SAO not HKG

And there is always, from TUN to anywhere in Asia the best fare in first, that remembers the famous JNB-SCL, a few years ago.
Apologies.
The fare from TUN is at 6,400, am I missing something?
Old May 5, 2014, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Apologies.
The fare from TUN is at 6,400, am I missing something?
No, except HKG (thanks and sorry for you) , but less than €4000 for SIN-SHA-PEK-ICN-NRT

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.6/Diamond - Fares/PSH/RU]
Code:
TUN  Tunis Carthage TN [DTTA]
SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
R/T  17 Sep 2014 | First

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  --------------------------
AF         TUN     SIN      3132   EUR     3 Days    3  360  F1SFTN
AF         TUN     SIN      7643   EUR        ***       360  FFFTN
AF         TUN     SIN      9554   EUR        ***            PFF
AF         TUN     SIN      9554   EUR        ***            PFFTN

Last edited by delanotre; May 5, 2014 at 8:45 am
Old May 5, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
When will they ever learn to properly do a website and to do things just 100% right

1) Spelling errors
2) Layout is rubbish and confusing. Too much small print, it is written like a bureaucratic decree, not like a marketing webpage
3) No sense in the structure. They give sample fares for some destinations (NYC, HKG, SAO...), but not for all. So me, wanting to know how much it would cost me to go to LAX but without knowing exact dates yet, I click on "Discover our offer", to be led to a table that has all destinations in N. America and a dropdown menu for the other regions. I see LAX for 2,848. Good fare - until I realise that this is in J. I click back and forth, wondering why in the midst of a page for Premiere promo they link to an overview of all Business fares, but the table of all Premiere fares cannot be found, one seems to have to enter precise travel dates.

Still the biggest airline of amateurs. Get some marketing people that know about intuitive and attractive website design + layout + functionalities + structure, and get some IT guys that put it in action. Heck, even my posts on FT have more structure and are easier to understand!

And get someone to do a spell check. "Beijin" isn't a disaster, we all know it's Beijing; same with punctuation not being consistent; "the world with all comfort at attractive price" should say "an attractive price"; etc. All not things that are showstoppers, but it shows the sloppiness and carelessness still reining in that company.

Thus, anyone knows what the promo fares are for CDG-LAX? Or alternatively for Switzerland/UK/Germany/Italy-LAX, without entering travel dates?

Last edited by San Gottardo; May 5, 2014 at 9:17 am
Old May 5, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
So me, wanting to know how much it would cost me to go to LAX but without knowing exact dates yet, I click on "Discover our offer", to be led to a table that has all destinations in N. America and a dropdown menu for the other regions. I see LAX for 2,848. Good fare - until I realise that this is in J. I click back and forth, wondering why in the midst of a page for Premiere promo they link to an overview of all Business fares, but the table of all Premiere fares cannot be found, one seems to have to enter precise travel dates.
Take advantage on our exceptional fares in Business cabin on a selection of destinations." just above the "discover our offer", it si perhaps not surprising that the link gives you business class fares.

This does not detract from your main point, though, that whoever designed that page does not seem to have much understanding of marketing for all the reasons that you give.

Thus, anyone knows what the promo fares are for CDG-LAX?
Entering dummy dates in July (not that complicated, to be honest ), I get a return fare of €5170.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

...Thus, anyone knows what the promo fares are for CDG-LAX? Or alternatively for Switzerland/UK/Germany/Italy-LAX, without entering travel dates?
The promos above do not mention LAX, just SFO.
It is an extract of the TA website.

From FCO-LAX it's around €6100 in First

Last edited by delanotre; May 5, 2014 at 9:40 am
Old May 5, 2014, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
Entering dummy dates in July (not that complicated, to be honest ), I get a return fare of €5170.
and yet, being the dysfunctional site that it is, when trying to book, the price doubles on the outbound. Not sure what emoticon is most appropriate for this: roll-eyes or lol...

Looking at ita, I think I understand what happens: as delanotre says, PAR-LAX is not on offer. However, SFO is and you can do a CDG-LAX with a return LAX-SFO-CDG, which should be sellable as a CDG-SFO promotional F fare (fare basis: FPRFR). That, however, is the kind of stuff you would need a TA to book rather than relying on af.com.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:00 am
Original Poster

... However, SFO is and you can do a CDG-LAX with a return LAX-SFO-CDG, ...
The best way is to fly the SFO promotion (on A380) and SFO-LAX (rt) for USD 140 on DL

Last edited by delanotre; May 5, 2014 at 10:08 am
Old May 5, 2014, 10:02 am

Take advantage on our exceptional fares in Business cabin on a selection of destinations." just above the "discover our offer", it si perhaps not surprising that the link gives you business class fares.
That is exactly what I mean by "intuitive website" vs. "bureaucratic form". Of course it says "business offers". But seriously, when you browse over a website that promotes First Class offers, you don't find the city that you're looking for, you click on the bolded line "Discover our offer" - do you expect to see Business fares? Sure, had I put myself in "let me read through the small print of a bureaucratic form" mode and read all the small print I wouldn't have been surprised. But seriously, who reads a commercial web page like that?
Old May 5, 2014, 10:05 am

The promos above do not mention LAX, just SFO.
It is an extract of the TA website.
I was actually looking for fares to Boston, Washington and Los Angeles. So I should have given other examples than LAX which indeed isn't included.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The best way is to fly the SFO promotion (on A380) and SFO-LAX (rt) for USD 140 on DL
Why? If your destination is LAX, surely it is better to fly direct to CDG-(AF F)-LAX one way and LAX-(DL F)-SFO-(AF F)-CDG return for more or less the same fare than replace one LAX-SFO in F on DL wit a return SFO-LAX-SFO in Y at extra cost and no protection in case of misconnect? Or am I missing something here (CDG-LAX is still A380 too, is it not?)?
Old May 5, 2014, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When will they ever learn to properly do a website and to do things just 100% right

1) Spelling errors
2) Layout is rubbish and confusing. Too much small print, it is written like a bureaucratic decree, not like a marketing webpage
3) No sense in the structure. They give sample fares for some destinations (NYC, HKG, SAO...), but not for all. So me, wanting to know how much it would cost me to go to LAX but without knowing exact dates yet, I click on "Discover our offer", to be led to a table that has all destinations in N. America and a dropdown menu for the other regions. I see LAX for 2,848. Good fare - until I realise that this is in J. I click back and forth, wondering why in the midst of a page for Premiere promo they link to an overview of all Business fares, but the table of all Premiere fares cannot be found, one seems to have to enter precise travel dates.

Still the biggest airline of amateurs. Get some marketing people that know about intuitive and attractive website design + layout + functionalities + structure, and get some IT guys that put it in action. Heck, even my posts on FT have more structure and are easier to understand!

And get someone to do a spell check. "Beijin" isn't a disaster, we all know it's Beijing; same with punctuation not being consistent; "the world with all comfort at attractive price" should say "an attractive price"; etc. All not things that are showstoppers, but it shows the sloppiness and carelessness still reining in that company.

Thus, anyone knows what the promo fares are for CDG-LAX? Or alternatively for Switzerland/UK/Germany/Italy-LAX, without entering travel dates?
I sometimes try to defend the IT guys, but that one is truly unbelievable.
Getting directed to Business class fares when you click "discover our offer" is just so weird.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Why? ...is it not?
This post is about summer promotion in first class (LAX is not concerned).
BTW, you can fly directly to LAX and return for 40% more money than SFO and fly also on B772

Last edited by delanotre; May 6, 2014 at 1:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.