Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Quick Question: Does a home printed BP reflect lounge or Acces 1 privilege?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just printed out our boarding passes SFO-CDG-ATH all in business. I was kind of expecting some easy to identify markings that denote we are in Business. All I see is the " J" and " C" under class.

Is this enough?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by david4455
Just printed out our boarding passes SFO-CDG-ATH all in business. I was kind of expecting some easy to identify markings that denote we are in Business. All I see is the " J" and " C" under class.

Is this enough?
Yes, that's enough! Sometimes the BPs show Skypriority, other times they don't I have no idea why, but I think there is never any problem to access priority services including fast track and lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes, that's enough! Sometimes the BPs show Skypriority, other times they don't I have no idea why, but I think there is never any problem to access priority services including fast track and lounge.

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
It's the barcode that means everything.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Normally, you should have also a red square with SkyPriority written. But, as Orbitmic and Braniff said, the magic J and C letters and the information in the bar code make everything
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Normally, you should have also a red square with SkyPriority written. But, as Orbitmic and Braniff said, the magic J and C letters and the information in the bar code make everything
Define "normally" It fails to show on my BPs nearly 50% of the time!!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Actually, there are airports where it's not enough. Such as recently in BCN, where the asked for my FB card before they let me into the lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Define "normally" It fails to show on my BPs nearly 50% of the time!!
Really ? I don't remember a single case where I didn't have it.

Originally Posted by Zembla
Actually, there are airports where it's not enough. Such as recently in BCN, where the asked for my FB card before they let me into the lounge.
Asking for the card in the lounge is not unique to BCN. Contract lounges request it in many cases. DL SkyClubs also. BCN is terrible at security. There is a "premium lane dragon" who declines many eligible pax
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: Many
Really ? I don't remember a single case where I didn't have it.
AF/AZ flights from ORY W Hall 1 to LIN do not offer SkyPriority service and there is indeed no SP mention on the BP.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Having been away for a little while, does Silvers also get access to No 1 both in France and abroad where Fast Track options are available (the multi-billion company that I work for do not pay for anything but Y so would like to know if I should fly AF or someone else)?

I gather there is no difference between the little RED SP square on Golds and/or Silvers BP's, but I did notice that in DUB for instance they scanned my BP while I still was Gold to let me through the Fast Track whereas at CDG it's only a visual inspection.

This will for sure be a decisive factor for my next trip to DUB...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: Many
Do Silver get SP on their BPs? I have always thought that was not the case.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by bodory
Indeed, I did not think that they do either (they are certainly not entitled to Sky Priority) and I believe they are only entitled to fast track at CDG and perhaps at AMS but not elsewhere, where in fairness, even Gold and Platinum don't always get it (London, anyone? )
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bodory
Yes.

Indeed, I did not think that they do either (they are certainly not entitled to Sky Priority) and I believe they are only entitled to fast track at CDG and perhaps at AMS but not elsewhere, where in fairness, even Gold and Platinum don't always get it (London, anyone? )
Perhaps you are thinking of Delta Silver?

SkyPriority services FB Silvers get are---
- Priority check-in
- Priority baggage drop-off
- Priority boarding
Only at Amsterdam-Schiphol:
- Priority at immigration and security
- Priority service at ticket offices and transfer desks
http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/flyi.../silver.htm#p3

They also get priority luggage delivery, and in all the airports I visited as a silver member I received priority security access. Actually the only difference I noticed between silver and gold is lounge access.

The LHR situation is a sad joke.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
Only at Amsterdam-Schiphol:
- Priority at immigration and security
As the page you referenced makes clear, FB silvers are meant to get fast track security at AMS only (and ditto for priority at service/transfer desks).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
As the page you referenced makes clear, FB silvers are meant to get fast track security at AMS only (and ditto for priority at service/transfer desks).
Indeed, which is even worse than what I thought (I thought they also had access to Acces no1 at CDG!) Sky Priority is a set package of priority services, several of which are simply not extended to FB silver - http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTeam/SkyPriority/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.