Search

Bringing guests to the lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:58 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Bringing guests to the lounge?

This has probably been answered (and asked a billion times before) but being the lazy git I am, I'll stir things up and ask again...

I'm meeting up with my brother at CDG 2F who arrives from CPH and myself from GVA (both arriving in 2F) to take the next flight together.

He arrives a little after me, so do I just go out and pick him up and take him with me into the lounge or do I need to "check" him in, in the sense to show the lounge staff his BP and mine again?

What are the rules? Do one have to be (depart / Arrive if connecting) on the same flight OR is any AF/KL (or ST) flight acceptable...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Air France
* Your guests must be traveling on the same flight as you, with AIR FRANCE, KLM or a SkyTeam alliance member airline. Additionally, your presence is required for your guests to enter the lounge. Lounges are common to AIR FRANCE, KLM and Delta.
Whether or not the staff at the desk remember/recognise you when you return (and it may not be the same person/people that are on desk duty when you come back in with your brother), naturally when there is suddenly an extra person, they will have to verify his entry credentials - which also (see above) involves checking your entry credentials.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It will be no problem, but you will indeed have to meet him at the lounge entrance and check-in him as a guest on your FB gold card. In practice, it means that the lounge dragon will have to scan again your BP and enter your brother as your guess in their system. So you can be already in the lounge, and meet him at the entrance when he arrives.
The rule is that you have to fly together for your onward flight.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:37 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Thanks for the clarification irishguy28 and Goldorak
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a point where AF falls down in requiring the guest to be on the same flight. Not the case with OW and *A. Is this the same rule at AMS?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the "Ask a question" feature on the KLM website (with emphasis added by me):

Can I take a guest into the crown lounge?
One guest can accompany a Flying Blue Platinum or Gold cardholder on the condition that this guest is also travelling on a SkyTeam flight (not necessarily the same flight as the cardholder).
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
From the "Ask a question" feature on the KLM website (with emphasis added by me):

Can I take a guest into the crown lounge?
One guest can accompany a Flying Blue Platinum or Gold cardholder on the condition that this guest is also travelling on a SkyTeam flight (not necessarily the same flight as the cardholder).
Very interesting as AF website says the opposite (guest must travel on the same flight)
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common..._airfrance.htm

At Paris-Charles de Gaulle as well as at some international airports, you can invite 1 or more guests to join you, subject to availability*.
Beyond your 1st guest, lounge access is available for a fee**. This fee varies according to the location:
25 and 35€ in Europe, Asia, Pacific Ocean destinations, Middle East, Africa,
35 and 50 USD in the United States and Latin America,
30 and 50 CAD in Canada,
or 3,500 and 5,000 Miles (depending on the zone).

You can pay directly at our lounges by credit card or by using your Miles.
* Your guests must be traveling on the same flight as you, with AIR FRANCE, KLM or a SkyTeam alliance member airline. Additionally, your presence is required for your guests to enter the lounge. Lounges are common to AIR FRANCE, KLM and Delta.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see a direct contradiction - Air France's rule applies at CDG and "some international airports", KLM's rule applies in KLM Crown Lounges only.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It will be no problem...
I had same situation last week: "lounge dragoon" will call you to come at the desk when your friend/brother will come and ask for entrance.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I don't see a direct contradiction - Air France's rule applies at CDG and "some international airports", KLM's rule applies in KLM Crown Lounges only.
AF's policy, however, is against Skyteam policy:
Originally Posted by SkyTeam Lounge Access Policy
In addition, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed to invite a guest, who is also traveling on a flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline, to join them in the lounge. The guest does not necessarily need to travel on the same flight as the SkyTeam Elite Plus member.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Skyteam. The little alliance that couldn't"

Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have fallen fowl of this rule as AF Plat at CDG before. I was left puzzled because it was fine at AMS and LHR. While I was polite I actually thought it was a lie!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope it didn't ruffle your feathers too much.

Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by hugolover
I have fallen fowl of this rule as AF Plat at CDG before.
Spent some time looking for the meaning of this expression. Found out that you meant "fallen foul of".

And bingo, I now understand Irishguy28's post.

This is called killing two birds with one stone, isn't it?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
AF's policy, however, is against Skyteam policy:
+1. Unacceptable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.