Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About Blue-biz and FB for France residents

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by delanotre
If it is the same amount of BC , yes, you are very discriminated!
But is it really harmonized in Europa?
To compare we need to know how much credits you need to go to Venice (in France 700 BC for a ticket that costs €169 / in UK LON-VCE costs £ 185)

During September, AIR FRANCE, KLM and ALITALIA are pleased to offer double Blue Credits on all flights from the UK to Africa.
Remember that for us it flights mirror the 'real' price (no set amount) but if we want cheapest non flexible no luggage mini at £185 we would need 185 credits ie approximately 3.5 times fewer credits than you. However, as we also accrue 5 times fewer credits than you for the same flights (100 credits for us where you get 500!), we still need to fly 1.5 times more than you to be able to get our award ticket lon-vce!!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by [B
orbitmic[/B];21424404]Remember ...we still need to fly 1.5 times more than you to be able to get our award ticket lon-vce!!
Ok, but you forgot 2 * 10 BC to go and back to CDG (+ 3750 EQM) and +10 BC if you fly via AMS (+3750 EQM more) so 130BC (+ 7500 EQM) we are now not so far...( a channel )

And remember we need at least 20% more miles to qualify a status...

It seems (I just verify for four countries) that all others in Europa win 400 BC for a first class RT + the 2 segments to go and back to CDG (+ 80BC): so they earn at least 480 BC ... and have twice more rewards flights than frenchies. CQFD

Last edited by delanotre; Sep 11, 2013 at 7:01 am
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by delanotre
Ok, but you forgot 2 * 10 BC to go and back to CDG (+ 3750 EQM) and +10 BC if you fly via AMS (+3750 EQM more) so 130BC (+ 7500 EQM) we are now not so far...( a channel )

And remember we need at least 20% more miles to qualify a status...

It seems (I just verify for four countries) that all others in Europa win 400 BC for a first class RT + the 2 segments to go and back to CDG (+ 80BC): so they earn at least 480 BC ... and have twice more rewards flights than frenchies. CQFD
- FB: never disagreed with you that it is harder for French residents although provided the explaination earlier for what it's worth.

- BB: disagreed with you and still do:

(1) there is a mistake in your calculation above: business class within Europe when you are connecting is only 5 credits each way not 10 (10 is only when it is a direct return flight, same distinction as in France) so 50+50+5+5 = 110 for the return in P to Tokyo so we sill need significantly more trips than you do to get our return to Venice

PLUS

(2) BB France lets you accrue in ALL buckets while BB UK only allows you to accrue for premium classes and flexible economy, a huge difference for many of us (there are 6 AF buckets, 6 KL buckets, 6 DL buckets, and 5 AZ buckets - so a total of 23 buckets - in which BB France allows accrual while BB UK doesn't!!)

PLUS

(3) BB France gives you a very significant Amex credit (up to 1800 points) no such thing for us.

PLUS

(4) You get BB France credit for Hop flights while we just learn you get no BB UK credit for Hop flights regardless of booking class...

PLUS

(5) you can use BB France credits to get cartes d'abonnement for vastly less than with BB UK credits

I'm really sorry but whichever way I look at it, I do think that BB France is a significantly more generous programme than BB UK. And again I don't really see the point of mixing FB and BB as they don't "average out" or cumulate as they have separate targets (and you could perfectly be, say, a French residebt working for a UK company in which case you get punished twice!! )

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 11, 2013 at 8:32 pm
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by orbitmic
(2) BB France lets you accrue in ALL buckets
Hi orbitmic,

I agree with all what you did write except that one : not all fares accrue points on the French BB.

For example, V on AF European as well as N on AF domestic to name the ones I have in mind.

(and you could perfectly be, say, a French residebt working for a UK company in which case you get punished twice!! )
Or you could do the reverse (follow my eyes...)
Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by bodory
Hi orbitmic,

I agree with all what you did write except that one : not all fares accrue points on the French BB.

For example, V on AF European as well as N on AF domestic to name the ones I have in mind.

Or you could do the reverse (follow my eyes...)
Good point, you are absolutely right - I should have said most buckets (or many more buckets than for BB UK) but indeed not all. Funnily enough, I think you can get BB FR credits on all DL buckets including one which does not give FB miles for anyone, but on AF, X, and domestic and European V and N don't!

And yes that little 'magic switch' would indeed be best! But you'd need addresses in both countries to be able to do that I guess!

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 12, 2013 at 3:57 am
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
How about accruing miles in Delta SkyMiles or other ST FFP, for flights paid with BB points? Anyone tried?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

UK BB awards don't (and never did) accrue FB miles either. I would be very surprised if BB awards anywhere did.
They used to. And btw the English T&Cs of French BB (hope I am clear ) do not mention anything.
I confirm: BB tickets, even in the lowest Y fare give 100% EQM (+ special elite bonus) ^
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:16 am

delanotre, are you the administrator in charge of your BB account? Because I am for my own BB and I noticed that people I book BB awards for do get the FB miles whereas I do not.

As a reminder, BB asks for you FB number (if available) when opening an account with them.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Poster

delanotre, are you the administrator in charge of your BB account? Because I am for my own BB and I noticed that people I book BB awards for do get the FB miles whereas I do not.

As a reminder, BB asks for you FB number (if available) when opening an account with them.
Yes, I am the administrator: I booked two awards and the two FB accounts had been credited, with same bonus.

Curiously, in the french general conditions 5.2 it is written that BB rewards do not earn FB miles but in english version it is not written...(as bodory said)

http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local/..._cgbluebiz.htm

Last edited by delanotre; Mar 3, 2014 at 10:52 am
Old May 12, 2014, 1:36 pm

I flew recently on a BB award ticket. The flight was operated by a Skyteam member (AF coded / XX operated).

The miles of the operated flight did credit on my FB account...
Old May 13, 2014, 1:23 am
Original Poster

I flew recently on a BB award ticket...
On my last flight, miles were 100% credited, independantly of the BC.
Old May 13, 2014, 1:43 am

The miles from the return flight - this time fully AF - posted as well, and that is a first for me.
Old May 13, 2014, 1:50 am

The miles from the return flight - this time fully AF - posted as well, and that is a first for me.
Congratulations!!! So maybe BB France is better than BB elsewhere after all because I can confirm that I still never received miles for my BB UK bought tickets
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:32 am
Original Poster

New Blue Credits earning chart

Since november 1st, the new Blue Credits earning chart by booking class on Air France, KLM, Alitalia, Delta Airline and their partners* on return tickets without connecting flight and purchased in France.

On december 1st, as in others (euro) countries, 1 BC=1€

Last edited by delanotre; Nov 3, 2014 at 4:45 am Reason: precision
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:15 am

So, during one month we are double-screwed since redeeming is under the old scheme and earning under the new one.

Here is a quick comparison between old and new earnings for AF/KL/A5:
Long-haul fares
- A : -50%
- B : -50%
- C : -20%
- D : -40%
- E : unchanged from 0 to 0
- F : -20%
- G : unchanged from 0 to 0
- H : -52%
- I : -52%
- J : -20%
- K : -52%
- L : -52%
- M : -50%
- N : -50%
- O : non applicable
- P : -20%
- Q : -50%
- R : -50%
- S : -50%
- T : -50%
- U : -52%
- V : -50%
- W : -50%
- X : non applicable
- Y : -50%
- Z : -52%

Medium haul fares
- A : -50%
- C : -42%
- D : -50%
- E : -60%
- F : non applicable
- H : -53%
- I : non applicable
- J : -42%
- K : -53%
- L : - 53%
- N : unchanged from 0 to 0
- P : non applicable
- Q : -53%
- R : unchanged from 0 to 0
- S : -50%
- T : -60%
- U : -50%
- V : unchanged from 0 to 0
- W : -50%
- X : non applicable / unchanged from 0 to 0
- Y : -50%
- Z : -50%

Domestic fares
- A : -53%
- C : non applicable
- D : non applicable
- E : -60%
- F : non applicable
- H : -70%
- I : non applicable
- J : non applicable
- K : -70%
- L : -70%
- N : unchanged from 0 to 0
- P : non applicable
- Q : -70%
- R : unchanged from 0 to 0
- S : -53%
- T : -60%
- U : -50%
- V : unchanged from 0 to 0
- W : -53%
- X : non applicable / unchanged from 0 to 0
- Y : -53%
- Z : non applicable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.