Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG to ORY connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by justcallmedoc
Caraïbes - Océan Indien
AKA "Ryanair by Air France"
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I think I remember that too, but it is for some routes only like PTP/FDF/RUN. Other COI routes (real or "false") like MRU, HAV, SXM, BKK, LIM, CUN, SDQ are not concerned.
You are right, I should have said "Délégation de Service Public" routes
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:24 pm

If you have a train connection, you also get the bus ticket CDG-ORY for free - that's logic!

Do you need to transfer between Paris airports? Air France offers a free transfer service via Air France coaches in the following cases:
Your flight is departing to or from Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre, Reunion or Cayenne
Your trip connects an Air France flight to a TGV station via tgvair routes or between Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport and Brussels or Strasbourg
You are a Club 2000 or Flying Blue Gold or Platinum member
http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/com...ndance_cdg.htm
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jarino
If you have a train connection, you also get the bus ticket CDG-ORY for free - that's logic!

http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/com...ndance_cdg.htm
Bureaucrats I wouldn't be surprised if someone at AF actually enjoyed trying to put together the most absurd rules they can think of just for the beauty of the art...
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Could anyone give more specific details of transfer from ORY-CDG? (cost and journey duration of shuttle)
I have a flight TLV-NCE-ORY then CDG-NCL, (was over 300 EUR cheaper than TLV-CDG-NCL) so arriving into ORY on domestic flight. Leaving the airport terminal, will i see right away shuttle service to CDG?
If i miss the connection for some reason, does this count as a normal connection flight where I would be put on the next flight from CDG-NCL?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Could anyone give more specific details of transfer from ORY-CDG? (cost and journey duration of shuttle)
I have a flight TLV-NCE-ORY then CDG-NCL, (was over 300 EUR cheaper than TLV-CDG-NCL) so arriving into ORY on domestic flight. Leaving the airport terminal, will i see right away shuttle service to CDG?
If i miss the connection for some reason, does this count as a normal connection flight where I would be put on the next flight from CDG-NCL?
OK your ticket was cheaper but what a hassle IMHO. If you have checked luggage, you'll have to collect them in ORY before moving to the bus shuttle. In the arrival hall, there is a "Les cars Air France" desk where you can buy your ticket (this desk is toward the right end of the arrival hall, after the rental car counters). Take the right bus, as there are several lines of Les Cars Air France going either to downtown Paris or to CDG.
Travel time : it depends on the traffic which can go from completely free (45 min) to total hell (90-100 min). I think the frequency is every 30 min (check on their web site, same for cost).

When you arrive in CDG, get off at your terminal (should be 2E for you). Check your bags and then proceed to immigration and security and finally to your gate.
If you miss the connection, I believe you should be protected if all your itinerary is on one ticket.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Goldorak
OK your ticket was cheaper but what a hassle IMHO. If you have checked luggage, you'll have to collect them in ORY before moving to the bus shuttle. In the arrival hall, there is a "Les cars Air France" desk where you can buy your ticket (this desk is toward the right end of the arrival hall, after the rental car counters). Take the right bus, as there are several lines of Les Cars Air France going either to downtown Paris or to CDG.
Travel time : it depends on the traffic which can go from completely free (45 min) to total hell (90-100 min). I think the frequency is every 30 min (check on their web site, same for cost).

When you arrive in CDG, get off at your terminal (should be 2E for you). Check your bags and then proceed to immigration and security and finally to your gate.
If you miss the connection, I believe you should be protected if all your itinerary is on one ticket.
Wow!! Thanks for the detailed information!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
As Goldorak said, this does not make much sense.
Huge hassle,much longer duration and risk for a 300 saving.
And if it not on the same ticket, then even bigger risk as you will not be protected..
I doubt that it is on same ticket.
You run the risk of misconnect at NCE and ORY/CDG.
Personally, I would never even dream of such an itin.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: DL PM
hi all, i need to fly one-way from bremen to perpignan on a specific sunday in july -- AF has flights BRE-CDG (3:45 transfer time) ORY-PGF for €280 as a classic fare

they also offer BRE-CDG for €49 (mini) or €69 (classic) and ORY-PGF for €164 (smart fare)

first off, i have never transferred from CDG to ORY, is 3:45 enough time for this? i will have checked luggage (the classic fare includes baggage, and i am also gold/skyteam elite+ w/ delta)

if so, i will likely buy the single ticket rather than risk two separate tickets... but aside from not being protected in case of problems with the first flight, in practice either of these would be the same process, right? land at CDG, collect luggage, pay for transfer to ORY via bus or train, re-check luggage, fly to PGF?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by jarino
This covers the case where you have a TGV-air train ticket from wherever to CDG Train station, or vice-versa.

Then, you need to go to ORY to catch your flight to the French Caribbean Islands (or vice-versa).
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by roberta_h
hi all, i need to fly one-way from bremen to perpignan on a specific sunday in july -- AF has flights BRE-CDG (3:45 transfer time) ORY-PGF for €280 as a classic fare (...)
You can uy a BRE/PGF/BRE and discard the return leg.

Cost for departure 10 July is € 216.

Procedure is indeed : get tour luggage at CDG, go to ORY (AF coaches are good for that) and recheck.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
hi all, i need to fly one-way from bremen to perpignan on a specific sunday in july -- AF has flights BRE-CDG (3:45 transfer time) ORY-PGF for €280 as a classic fare

they also offer BRE-CDG for €49 (mini) or €69 (classic) and ORY-PGF for €164 (smart fare)

first off, i have never transferred from CDG to ORY, is 3:45 enough time for this? i will have checked luggage (the classic fare includes baggage, and i am also gold/skyteam elite+ w/ delta)

if so, i will likely buy the single ticket rather than risk two separate tickets... but aside from not being protected in case of problems with the first flight, in practice either of these would be the same process, right? land at CDG, collect luggage, pay for transfer to ORY via bus or train, re-check luggage, fly to PGF?
Yes, this is enough time and on a sunday the traffic should be OK so you can take the AF coach which will be more pleasant than the RER.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:41 am

thank you both!

Originally Posted by carnarvon
You can buy a BRE/PGF/BRE and discard the return leg.

Cost for departure 10 July is € 216.
yeah i looked at a return, but i'm pretty locked in on the 10:50a departure from BRE july 3rd (attending a wedding/reception the night before so trying to avoid having to leave super early) -- for that flight i didn't see a cheaper return fare than the €280 one-way

thanks for the idea though, appreciate the help
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:49 am

thank you both!

yeah i looked at a return, but i'm pretty locked in on the 10:50a departure from BRE july 3rd (attending a wedding/reception the night before so trying to avoid having to leave super early) -- for that flight i didn't see a cheaper return fare than the €280 one-way

thanks for the idea though, appreciate the help
Out on 3rd at 10:50, return on 12th : € 230 (in mini for the outbound).

If you need classic for the outbound, it is € 277 indeed.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:07 am

ha, thanks -- cheaper on the french version of the site (i checked the us, austrian, and german versions, couldn't find a cheaper return for that outbound)

i think the mini fare should be fine for me (skyteam elite+ will get me a free checked bag, right?)

thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.