Search

FlyBE and Air France co-operation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Flybe Rubbish No Flights to Spain Programme
Excellent first post.
Welcome to Flyertalk!
Thank you

I've been looking for alternatives .....

But there aren't any :-(

Stuck with Flybe and their 1 hour check in (AF = 30 mins)

I am so not happy with this change but it looks like unless I want to enrich Beardy Branson still further by paying his piratical train fares to reach a Eurostar terminus and spend an extra half day and about £400 more even than Flybe's ludicrously expensive flexible fares I have no choice.

For the record last week - premium eco AF flexible = £420 this week Flybe Eco + = £512.39 including the extra £10 they had to add because they are a value airline. They have a ****** cheek don't they?

AAAGGHHHHH!!!

It does make me laugh at the way they present this as an improvement for the customer!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
Miles on codeshares with Flybe

Hi all,

I am to travel on an AF flight operated by Flybe and wonder whether or not those flights accrue miles and segments in FB? Anyone faced that situation or knows the answer ?

Many thanks
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:10 am

Some elements to answer the question, found later today:

When you try to book an AF flight operated by Flybe on the AF website, you get this message at the miles calculator level "Ce tarif ne permet pas l'accumulation de miles Flying Blue.". In plain English, no miles accrued. Which strongly suggests that AF flight code or not, no miles or segment will be earned

I'll keep you updated if I get anything but no reason to expect. Will have to find a cheap flight to do my last 30th segment
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:55 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
pommie welcome to FT!

I've just bitten the bullet and booked for December - out on AF and back on Flybe - on an AF ticket. I'm booked in cheapo Y and it will be interesting to see what happens with my carry-on and where I get to sit in the plane.

Only redeeming news is that it's an EMB170, so no middle seat to be stuck in.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:06 am

Thread to be moved from FP to FB?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold, AMEX Gold, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by Bagehot
Some elements to answer the question, found later today:

When you try to book an AF flight operated by Flybe on the AF website, you get this message at the miles calculator level "Ce tarif ne permet pas l'accumulation de miles Flying Blue.". In plain English, no miles accrued. Which strongly suggests that AF flight code or not, no miles or segment will be earned

I'll keep you updated if I get anything but no reason to expect. Will have to find a cheap flight to do my last 30th segment
Looking at BHX-CDG-BHX on airfrance.co.uk, the FlyBe operated flights are showing they will earn at least 654 miles (i.e. just the same as the AF operated flights).

Which route are you booking? It might be worth trying the AF website in another country?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Here you are puzzling the academic in me - where do you get the 3 points when you didn't even get through to anyone at all?? Shouldn't it be a 0?
They had a phone number so it is possible that they might eventually answer it and even possibly answer it more or less competently. A kind of benefit of the doubt, I suppose, like in some semi-legible scripts.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by flyBHX
Looking at BHX-CDG-BHX on airfrance.co.uk, the FlyBe operated flights are showing they will earn at least 654 miles (i.e. just the same as the AF operated flights).

Which route are you booking? It might be worth trying the AF website in another country?
Route CDG-BHX-CDG, from the French website of AF, and tickets akready booked were booked through CWT by my company.

I suspect either difference possible booking classes, with some earning no miles, or their website saying nonsense
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you book under AF code, you should earn both award & status miles, according to the usual earning scheme
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:12 pm
Bukhara

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited by Bukhara; Jul 24, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Bukhara
Might be booking a oneway CDG-MAN. Oneways are obviously cheaper with Flybe.

On an AF operated flight, Flybe wants to charge me for luggage. I assume that in actuality, AF rules will apply? If I don't pay for my bag, AF aren't going to charge me, are they?
I believe it all depends if you have a BE or AF ticket. If you have an AF ticket, then AF rules should apply. If a BE ticket, BE rules should apply
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
AFAIK, AF code = level miles/level segs! At least, that's how it worked for VG befoe they were completely absorbed by KL/WX!

-- Hic
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:30 am

I called CS to clarify. After telling me there would be no miles, they eventually realized there would be for AF codes flights, so good news. Lesson is never to book on Flybe but always on AF website.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Flybe Rubbish No Flights to Spain Programme
Well it doesn't get better.

Flew MAN - CDG Wednesday am and back this am

Seated in 1 a on Flybe Grottbucket so overheard all the arguments about who was going to explain to the AF pasengers that they had too much luggage. Aparently until the codeshare change it was the despatachers but now it's the cabin crew. In the end nobody bothered to do anything. The flybe plane ends up at some outpost of CdG (somewhere near Le Mans I think) so there is a bus to the terminal which negates the advantage of selecting a seat for a quick getaway. In fact in took 45 minutes between touchdown and entering the RER station and that was with no luggage to collect! The flybe planes are so small that the curvature of the fuselage stops you placing your left leg away from a straight position.

On the way back the issue of lounge access came up/ I asked where my lounge access voucher was to be told they don't have a lounge in T2 CdG. I pointed out that their website clearly says they do have a lounge at CdG. Shoulders were shrugged ad I was told to ask in the AF lounge. The AF staff were politeness itself, didn't seem to know either, but let me in anyway.

I have just tried to sort out my next 2 weeks bookings. Via the AF site I can't book the 20:55 flight back but can do via the flybe site. I actually want to book the 18:30 but AF confirm that if I book via AF and then miss the flight they can't confirm that I can switch to the Flybe flight at 20:55, wheras if I book Flybe then if there's space then I can do. If I book the flybe flight via the AF site it shows as economy not premium eco so presumably less points too, even though it's the same price (if any).

It's all suddenly become far too complicated and the service level has gone way downhill.

All in all AF have just scored a huge own goal here - I have to book 20 return trips between now and April. Up to last week I would certainly have done this via AF, but now, because AF don't seem to be able to provide availability on all of the Flybe flights that they codeshare, I'm forced to do it via Flybe to get the "flexibility" I need.

The fact that nobody at either Flybe or AF seems to understand what is going on does NOT fill me with any confidence and I am just depressed that there is no viable alternative, because this means that not only will they get away with it, they will even profit from this mess.

There was an AF tug lorry parked near where we stopped on the bus. It was covered in rust and had a flat tyre. I took a photo as it seemed highly symbolic
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
I would say Thanks for the Report, but you've not cheered me up for December!

I'm hoping that I'll just barge on with my bag. The better news is that the late CDG-MAN is operated by the (rather nice) EMB195 - so a much nicer ride.

Did you manage to get in the lounge at MAN? I have FB Gold and was wondering if what the lounge arrangements now were. I'll be on AF ex MAN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.