Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can I collect aeroplan points on US airways or Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:27 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Programs: AP

I want to take the following flight. Can I collect Aeroplan on it.

Leave – Sat 8 Mar 2008
US Airways
Flight 3811
Departs: 6:12a Buffalo (BUF)\
Arrives: 7:30a LaGuardia (LGA)
Coach | Aircraft: CRJ | 1h 18m

Return – Sun 16 Mar 2008
US Airways
Flight 3619
Departs: 1:00p LaGuardia (LGA)
Arrives: 2:12p Buffalo (BUF)
Coach | Aircraft: CRJ | 1h 12m

How about this Delta flight

Leave – Sat 8 Mar 2008
Delta
Flight 6184
Departs: 7:11a Buffalo (BUF)
Arrives: 8:40a John F Kennedy Intl (JFK)
Coach | Fare code: U21M3NBV | Aircraft: ER4 | 1h 29m | 300 miles | 9+ seats remain

Return – Sun 16 Mar 2008
Delta
Flight 6022
Departs: 11:55a John F Kennedy Intl (JFK)
Arrives: 1:25p Buffalo (BUF)
Coach | Fare code: U21M3NBV | Aircraft: ER4 | 1h 30m | 300 miles | 9+ seats remain

Thanks

FB
Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat 75
You will most likely be able to get points for the US airways flight, but it depends on your fare class; www.aeroplan.com has a complete list of which US Airways flights are eligible for mileage accumulation.

As for Delta, I'm afraid you're out of luck; it might be worth signing up with Delta (or CO or NW)'s loyalty pplan to at least get the points somewhere.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:11 pm

You can earn Aeroplan on US Airways

For accumulation on Delta, i suggest to use Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, earn and redeem on Alaska, AA, Delta, Continental, Northwest in North America and others internationally.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:16 pm

Is the Alaska rewards program any better than the NWA/KLM WorldPerks program, which is also compatible with Delta?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:43 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Programs: AP
About US Airways
US Airways serves nearly 200 communities in U.S.A., including 11 European destinations and 26 destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America with over 3,400 daily departures. US Airways is a member of Star Alliance.

The Aeroplan Miles you can earn

Earn up to 150% of the miles you fly for each eligible US Airways flight.

How to earn Aeroplan Miles with US Airways
Be sure to provide your Aeroplan number when you make a reservation - online or by phone.

Eligible flights
All scheduled flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, US Airways Shuttle, America West and US Airways code-share flights operated by America West are eligible*†.

Mileage earned‡§

You’ll earn 500 Aeroplan Miles on flights of up to 500 miles and 100% of the miles you fly on flights of over 501 miles.

Class of Service Bonus:

First Class: 50%
Business Class: 25%

Terms and conditions
* Charter flights and code-share flights operated by any US Airways code-share partner other than America West and Star Alliance airlines are not eligible.
† For US Airways code-share flights operated by another Star Alliance airline, refer to the Aeroplan Miles section of the carrier operating the flight.
‡ Based on actual miles flown.
§ Aeroplan Miles and Aeroplan Flight Segments accumulated on US Airways, including all class of service bonuses, count towards obtaining Air Canada Top-Tier status
Here is what Aeroplan has to say. I don't see anything that would exclude these flights.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
Originally Posted by FB_
I've flown US a lot, living in upstate New York, and I've never had trouble getting Aeroplan credit, regardless of fare class. Just be sure they have your AC number when you check in for the first flight.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:03 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
Originally Posted by FB_

Leave – Sat 8 Mar 2008
US Airways
Flight 3811
Departs: 6:12a Buffalo (BUF)\
Arrives: 7:30a LaGuardia (LGA)
Coach | Aircraft: CRJ | 1h 18m

Return – Sun 16 Mar 2008
US Airways
Flight 3619
Departs: 1:00p LaGuardia (LGA)
Arrives: 2:12p Buffalo (BUF)
Coach | Aircraft: CRJ | 1h 12m
are these codeshare flights that are operated by someone else and, if so, then are they eligible for *a miles? i ask because i have also been looking at flights to BUF on US and several are operated by a regional partner airline of US.

ian.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:24 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
Originally Posted by iancanton
are these codeshare flights that are operated by someone else and, if so, then are they eligible for *a miles?
Yes, you can get *A points on US commuter flights. (Well, let me clarify that to say that I've always gotten *A points on them.)

Shortly after the merger, AC didn't give me miles for a US flight operated by the America West part of US, but that should have been fixed ages ago.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
thanks!

ian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.