Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Think we値l see a fall promo for bonus status miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Think we値l see a fall promo for bonus status miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2007, 7:14 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
If memory serves me right there were 2 different promos, one year after another.
Wasn't it...
1st year was for 60K bonus miles
2nd year was for less miles, but they were Q.
or did my memory get it wrong again

As for the topic... I don't think they'll be a Q promo. IMO they want less Elite members, prefering to give the benefits to those that did fly the miles instead of the promo hunters.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:02 am
ALW

And most passengers, both the short-sighted ones and the smart ones, will jump on it. A few might stand on principle and refuse to move flights to AC, but let's face it, the past is (or in this case, will be) the past and what matters will be how much they'll pay us to fly with them in future.

=aw
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:57 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I'll also add that I'll be the 1st one to jump on a bonus mile promo if they have one though. hahaha

Double EQMs, like United does each year, can be a good revenue generator.
*hint, hint*
Old Sep 2, 2007, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Next Q mile promotion will come after the economy has tanked and the airline is near/in the dumper.
Or when Westjet starts or joins FF program.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I'll also add that I'll be the 1st one to jump on a bonus mile promo if they have one though. hahaha
I don't think seeing me in a dress is something you really want to be wishing for too strongly.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 9:27 am

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
And what would the lovely Mrs. Zorn think?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Well I guess I won稚 be wearing a dress after all. Just completed a booking for an upcoming trip and routed both outbound and inbound via yow instead of yul-yyz direct for an extra 1000 Q miles. Will make E just after Oct 28th so I guess I値l have to wait until Feb 08 until my status kicks-in.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Simon
And what would the lovely Mrs. Zorn think?
"Where are all my dresses?"
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NordsFan
IIRC, the last Q mile promo was "Fly 5-7-13 segments, earn 15K Q miles" back in the Fall of 2003. I earned the max by doing a segment run YQB-YUL-YYZ-DFW and qualified for SE for the first time.

I earned 8K status miles with the promotion, and with the 15K Aeroplan miles discount to the 100K miles to obtain SE status, I became a 77K Miles SE. That year, one had SARS - so air travel within and to/from Canada was significantly down - that is why these 2 status mile promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.