Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: Bad accident on 401 near Coburg

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Bad accident on 401 near Coburg

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank god the 401 is seldomly in my commuting path (work or leisure) nor does it run through the York Region (where I reside)!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

401 still closed as of early morning

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...urg-crash.html
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:06 am

They are reporting one lane westbound open with hopes of one lane eastbound for noon, and there will need to be some road reconstruction as a result of the fire.

Not sure how the eastbound detours are/were working, but our trucks coming into Toronto last night from Belleville and points east were only losing 30-45 minutes, which was a lot better than expected.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Quite OT:

Originally Posted by Wrong Way
Actually the Heritage Highway route through Picton is pretty scenic and pleasurable in the summer. Great places to stop for food and I love that 500 yard ferry ride. Want to bike it one of these years when I get some time.
Thanks for the tip - I'll definitely check it out this summer. Not ideal for a 6 am drive to Toronto, but a great idea for a summer weekend drive.

If you like ferries and bikes, have you stopped off in Kingston and gone across to Wolfe Island? Nice, short ferry ride and fun biking on the island.

Last edited by dibby; Feb 2, 2007 at 3:30 pm Reason: corrected
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
If you can avoid all the ghosts and other nasties.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrads to Simon on reaching the 4K milestone! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.