Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Across the Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Across the Pacific

Im flying AC YVR to PEK. The plane is a 767! Then I fly back from HKg to YVR and the plane is a 343-400. So does that mean that there is no IFE at each seat for either flight? How can AC stay competitive still no offerering individual IFE???

Also the YVR to PEK is J6C5. I am trying to upgrade both me (Elite) and a non-status member. Flight is one week away... any hope?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Why ask questions you already know the answers to? The fleet is being upgraded, it was delayed due to a supplier missing a deadline and Transport Canada inspections. It is now back underway again. Nothing can be done about TC.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
You could pay for a J seat if it's that important to you. Think of all those Q miles you will get. Or, if you want "up-to-date" equipment - fly another airline that offers what you so desire of AC but are unable to recieve for now.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Simon
Why ask questions you already know the answers to? The fleet is being upgraded, it was delayed due to a supplier missing a deadline and Transport Canada inspections. It is now back underway again. Nothing can be done about TC.

Actually I thought AC had IFE to Asia as all the competitors do. I thought (wrongly) that the upgrades would make a difference to Europe as some airlines AC competes with do not have seatback IFE.

I think once AC is finished they will no doubt be the premier NA airline.

Thanks for your snarky response though!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by llbean
Actually I thought AC had IFE to Asia as all the competitors do.
I take it you haven't flown on a UA 747 lately.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
No intention of being snarky, but it is has been beaten to death a million times hereabouts that there is almost no at-seat IFE and the upgrades have not yet been done, and the reasons for same...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.