Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Need location of Air Canada in Ottawa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need location of Air Canada in Ottawa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Or YYZ or YUL...

There is very seldomnly any major traffic jams on the road to YOW. YVR, YUL and YYZ on the other hand...

(I can't believe I'm defending YOW. )
YOWkid... Point of Order!

Have you had any flights departing at 5pm lately? Try getting out the parkway between 4 and 5 pm any weekday afternoon. The Hunt Club exit backs up onto the parkway and nothing moves. It's not the DVP or the Gardner, but it's no picnic.
--
13F

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; Jun 10, 2006 at 5:02 am
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair enough. You're right -- and I've seen it heading north in the mornings...

But again, like you said, it's not THAT bad...
Old Jun 14, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: ICAmbassador, AC, AirmilesGold, HiltonSilver, *woodGold, Delta
Ooops, started a firestorm!

Sorry,

I didn't really mean to get that much of a discussison started. I just feel that because when you are traveling with a lot of bags, it makes it difficult to take the bus, therefore a taxi is required which costs around $35 dollars from most points in the city.

I live downtown and have taken the bus to the airport, which is fine when I am one bag and a carry on or less. The BUS system in Ottawa is great. I just wonder why they built the airport so far away. It takes a good 20 minutes easily to get out there. Not there isn't the traffic of larger cities, but in most, the taxi costs less or similar.

To answer an earlier question, yes I have flown into Edmonton (took a $28 cab), Vancouver (took a limo with 4 friends, way cheap!), Toronto (many times, the traffic is horrible!! and the terminals are huge but not as far apart and inconvenient I find than Lagardia!).

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Ryan
Old Jun 15, 2006, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by supersaverdeal
...a taxi is required which costs around $35 dollars from most points in the city....I have flown into Edmonton (took a $28 cab), Vancouver (took a limo with 4 friends, way cheap!), Toronto (many times, the traffic is horrible!! and the terminals are huge but not as far apart and inconvenient I find than Lagardia!).
In all my years flying into Ottawa -- before the bus started -- I've never paid anywhere near that much to take a taxi to any hotel in the city centre. The airport is one of the closer in of any Canadian city. Maybe not as close in as WPG or YQR, but certainly closer than YYZ to our city centre.

And where in Edmonton did you go for $28? Couldn't have been to the city centre as cabs are closer to $40. YEG and YHZ are the two furthest airports from their city centres. YYC used to be a cheap taxi ride from downtown Calgary, until they moved the terminal and road access, virtually doubling the cost of a taxi ride!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
My car service takes me on the back roads when I have a weekday late afternoon or rush hour type departure... I can still make it in 30 mins which is only 5 mins longer than my regular commute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.