Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LHR Fast Track for AC Premium Economy passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Fast Track for AC Premium Economy passengers?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ha! Many FOTSGs here chastised me for getting this claiming that the fast track lane is always just as fast, if not, faster.

I agree that this Trusted Traveler program at LHR is fantastic for those who fly there more than once to see grandma.

The only caveat is that if there is an issue with scanning your passport or taking the photo, you will be asked to go to manual to which they will ask questions. So the trick is to master the art of the passport scan and photo when you're in one of the automatic lanes.
Take off any glasses and give it a death stare.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Take off any glasses and give it a death stare.
Lol pretty much.

I learned quickly after the first manual processing.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by visitor
compared to Nexus it is surreal. You walk through the automated gate and you are in. Nobody to ask you additional questions... first time through, I kept looking around thinking there had to be a catch! It’s great. Pricey mind you.
Agreed. I wish Nexus would be that easy! Registered Traveller is also faster than the regular Fast Track. Could not do without now.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: AC SE
Any recent experiences with getting a Fast Track pass as a PE passenger? Will this poor E75K have to suffer in line for hours after a restless YUL-LHR flight?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
From my experience several times this year, it's only offered to SE and MM in PE .
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Any recent experiences with getting a Fast Track pass as a PE passenger? Will this poor E75K have to suffer in line for hours after a restless YUL-LHR flight?
Yes. Sometimes those lines at LHR move quick, but I've been in some doozies as well.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I have usually been able to sweat talk the In Charge for one.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MQS007
I have usually been able to sweat talk the In Charge for one.
Assuming I'm as successful, will one pass suffice for me and my wife (who has zero status)? Thanks
Old May 23, 2019, 10:19 am

i have a stack also you can now use a cdn passport in the epassport gates so not point in fast track unless they are down.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
i have a stack also you can now use a cdn passport in the epassport gates so not point in fast track unless they are down.
I thought the ePassport gates access for Canadians wasn't taking effect until July? It certainly was not yet in effect three weeks ago when I was there.

I have Trusted Traveller right now, which I wasn't going to renew once they sorted the ePassport gates. Also I can throw away my old stack of Fast Track coupons that I have from AC flights ;-)
Old May 23, 2019, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
I was meaning to ask about this.

I'm heading to LHR on Saturday in J, but with a Canadian passport I wasn't sure whether I'd need the fast track slip. I guess not.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I thought the ePassport gates access for Canadians wasn't taking effect until July? It certainly was not yet in effect three weeks ago when I was there.

I have Trusted Traveller right now, which I wasn't going to renew once they sorted the ePassport gates. Also I can throw away my old stack of Fast Track coupons that I have from AC flights ;-)
Oh never mind, they brought the date *forward* from July to May. Since when does the UK government do anything early??? https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8921871.html
Old May 23, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The fast track Blacksies (I'm assuming they're still black) are still useful for those without ePassport-gate eligibility.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Oh never mind, they brought the date *forward* from July to May. Since when does the UK government do anything early??? https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8921871.html
Unless they also start opening ALL of the gates instead of maybe half of them the queues will be almost as bad as for the countries that have to speak to an agent. So those fast track slips may become useful again.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:27 am

I have several LHR trips coming up soon so if anyone has any Fast Track passes to spare, I would be happy to make sure they are put to good use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.