Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ Intl MLL vs PPL for Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
YYZ Intl MLL vs PPL for Breakfast

I'm on AC868 tomorrow morning, 9:10am departure for Heathrow. Never had a morning international flight before. I can either visit the MLL or pay USD27 for the PPL. Just wondering what the breakfast and overall morning experience is like in each lounge, taking into account the cost of the PPL. As a related question, what is the usual meal service in Y like on this flight? I have a massive appetite and will try to fill myself up in the lounge if the in-flight meal isn't particularly hearty! Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: TK *G
I would suggest using $27 (or less) to eat at a restaurant in YYZ.

You can expect scrambled eggs that taste like water, sausages taste like paper, fruits with no flavour, yogurt that is pretty much only sugar, and the cheapest bread in MLL.

The PPL is somewhat better but it's far away from breakfast buffet at premium hotels, therefore it's not worth the cost.

​​​​​​​As for on board breakfast, it's usually omelette or pancake.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I posted photos in the AC Lounge Food thread from breakfast in the international MLL. The scrambled eggs and sausages were no longer being served.

If someone has been there recently during breakfast, can they post info or photos in the other thread. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by songsc
I would suggest using $27 (or less) to eat at a restaurant in YYZ.
This is a no brainer. ^
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
I posted photos in the AC Lounge Food thread from breakfast in the international MLL. The scrambled eggs and sausages were no longer being served.

If someone has been there recently during breakfast, can they post info or photos in the other thread. Thanks.
I was there less than two weeks back and there was no hot food other than toast. They had boiled eggs, yoghurt, cereal, fruits, breads. No scrambled eggs or sausages.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Air Canada lounges in North America do not reliably serve breakfast. It randomly pops in and out but plan on nothing but coffee and juice. PPL has a B grade breakfast that is most certainly not worth $27. $10 at Tim Horton's will be far more filling than either lounge.

Do not plan on the onboard meal in Y being edible. Again, a $5 bagged breakfast sandwich from any restaurant will be far superior.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Air Canada lounges in North America do not reliably serve breakfast. It randomly pops in and out but plan on nothing but coffee and juice. PPL has a B grade breakfast that is most certainly not worth $27. $10 at Tim Horton's will be far more filling than either lounge.

Do not plan on the onboard meal in Y being edible. Again, a $5 bagged breakfast sandwich from any restaurant will be far superior.
If it's free, then MLL is your best option. Paying $27 at PPL vs airport food, airport food wins.

Also transborder/domestic MLL has stopped serving hot breakfast so I'm not sure what the previous posters are talking about.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by keitherson
....Also transborder/domestic MLL has stopped serving hot breakfast so I'm not sure what the previous posters are talking about.
Right.

The thread title is "YYZ Intl MLL vs PPL for Breakfast", and at least 2 of us pointed out that there is no hot breakfast there anymore, certainly not since January of this year.

TB MLL at YYZ has not had hot breakfast for a couple of years. The quality of the offerings there is another conversation.

Last edited by 24left; Aug 21, 2017 at 6:46 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
my intl PPL experience

I visited the Int’l PPL before my morning departure to LHR in mid July, and I was impressed. They had a chef taking egg orders as you liked them cooked. I had over easy, but the person before me had an omelette. The buffet food and tea selection was superior to the MLL. An attendant also made me a latte. There were no more than three others in the dining area when I was there, and perhaps about five people in the adjacent seating area. I’d choose PPL over MLL if I had free access to both any day. I have the Amex Plat to gain entry to the PPL. Not sure I’d pay usd$27 though.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
As per all the other side above, international MLL is your very last choice.

This is one of the areas where AC really yanked back on spread and made it bare, hollow bones. It's truly quite sad for the main hub airport and flagship international lounge of AC.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by songsc

You can expect scrambled eggs that taste like water, sausages taste like paper, fruits with no flavour, yogurt that is pretty much only sugar, and the cheapest bread in MLL.
I could only wish for that. All the hot food is gone. It's no better than the Dom MLL.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by sram
I could only wish for that. All the hot food is gone. It's no better than the Dom MLL.
Last time I visited an international MLL during breakfast hour and paid attention to the breakfast was probably early 2016, and it looks like my info is outdated.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I also have no idea why they put the yogurt mini-tubs on a tray under the hot lights instead of leaving them in a fridge in the YYZ International MLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.