Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How many Aeroplan miles do you have? How do you plan using them heading into 2020?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many Aeroplan miles do you have? How do you plan using them heading into 2020?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:47 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I have 1.8 mil. No plans to liquidate in any hurry. USe approx 200k a year , earn about the same amount.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Roughly 1.4.

I'll continue to use them the way I've been using them.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Down to 150K. Have shifted to MR where I have 6 million. More flexibility.

I could really use a new toaster.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
Close to 400K between both of us, earning just over 100K per annum and spending in increments for long haul in J. Planning to go down to zero for sure! I will not retain the status after retirement anyway BUT I will gain on flexibility..... and looking forward to it!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Just over 3.4 Million left, burned through 1.2 million in 2016 flying with friends, burned ~250k so far this year for friends. Not in any hurry to use the rest, I'm sure I'll find ways to use them by the time mid-2020 rolls around.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
6500 AP mile and I just used 220000 on a YYZ-LAX-ICN-BKK-SYD-SIN-TPE-NRT-LAX-YYZ.ON 6

I dont wanted to miss any of my miles later
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
Talking wakettttw

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Down to 150K. Have shifted to MR where I have 6 million. More flexibility.

I could really use a new toaster.
^
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:04 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Have 12 points left after burning 300k recently. Will keep everything in MR and transfer when/if needed. No more current AE cards

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jun 25, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold

Just spent 450k on 3J to YYZ->TPE->HKG->NRT->YYZ
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Have 12 points left after burning 300k recently. Will keep everything in MR and transfer when/if needed. No more AE cards.
GREAT JOB!!!!! In my humble opinion the real winner in this debate is the guy/girl who has the least number of points. Think about it, you've earned the points, then redeemed them.

AP is actually AC's largest single customer, so they will continue to work well together in the near term. Their liability of the points worries me, if I was Aeroplan I would personally run the numbers to see what a large migration of points off the ledger and back to AC would do. Simply by raising the number of points you need to redeem a flight and lowering the number of points you need to buy a toaster would entice the flyers to shunt the points out of AP and into the new program. I'd at least run the numbers.

AP's hard yards are from now until 2020, they need to expand their footprint away from AC and into the general population like Air Miles. If they can brand themselves as a lifestyle brand where you earn miles in day to day transactions so you can redeem on AC.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
about 1 million (my constant balance even giving them away and "wasting" them--wife is losing 70k points on my friend's booking back to Africa due to strife and uncertain security situation. I don't care any more.

I just use them for family trips whether I am going or not, to help charities that I support out (wish there were more than 10 IKK slots) etc. but no matter what my total keeps coming out at about 1 million.

No special plans yet but soon to hit 2 million miler and then it is decision time--burn points for a year and then start paying again or forget SE status and just buy what I want when I want. All depends -- next move is always AC's before I make my decision.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
250k. I will continue to earn and burn at the same rate. Only change is that similar to others I will move cc spending to MR for the flexibility. I will reevaluate when AC announces their program and cc partner. Pretty sure I will get an AC card at that point if only for the sign up bonus to jump start my balance.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I have about 250k. Plus a million Amex MR points. I think it's time to do some first class flying. What's the longest ANA F leg that can be redeemed?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
About 6000. Will buy Esso gift card.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
My personal opinion is that Aeroplan will effectively implode before 2020. Aeroplan (Aimia) is scrambling to raise cash. The Aeroplan program shuts down in about 30 months and it seems that many Aeroplan members are sitting on hordes of miles with plans of redeeming them before the day of reckoning. Many have years of accumulated miles with only one goal: Redemption. Redemption = Outflow. Extreme Outflow = Cash Crunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.