Wiki Posts
Search

Flying ROUGE as *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by jc94
Does winning a bid auto refund the preferred seat like an eUp or does one have to write in?
Auto refunded.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Star Gold do not get preferred seats for free, that is not *A Gold benefit.
On normal AC it is at OLCI 24 hours out. Not sure about Rouge though.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Originally Posted by zeer0
On normal AC it is at OLCI 24 hours out. Not sure about Rouge though.
Do you mean they are free during OLCI? For Gold members of which programmes?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skyteamelite
Do you mean they are free during OLCI? For Gold members of which programmes?
I did it recently with Asiana *G. I actually started a whole thread on this topic a few months back and most *G's of various programs replied they too were able to do this. In fact, I believe even non elite companions are included, though I'm not sure how many.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Though Rob Lowe would be disappointed in the entertainment value now, as they no longer have the jaunty hats or clown, er, hipster shoes.

Last edited by flyquiet; Jun 22, 2017 at 11:07 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
I did it recently with Asiana *G. I actually started a whole thread on this topic a few months back and most *G's of various programs replied they too were able to do this. In fact, I believe even non elite companions are included, though I'm not sure how many.
Interesting. Anybody know if this also applies to Rouge operated flights?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I want to say these incidents are coincidental as this is not always the case. It's a toss up whether you will be offered preferred seats free of charge at OLCI. Personally I've had this happen to me once from YUL-YHZ, and you'd think as ACs own elite member it would happen more often for me than a *G. You could always wait until OLCI to see, but at that point they may all be full, or you might still have to pay.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
I want to say these incidents are coincidental as this is not always the case. It's a toss up whether you will be offered preferred seats free of charge at OLCI. Personally I've had this happen to me once from YUL-YHZ, and you'd think as ACs own elite member it would happen more often for me than a *G. You could always wait until OLCI to see, but at that point they may all be full, or you might still have to pay.
But you're *S, we're *G. I think that's the difference.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
But you're *S, we're *G. I think that's the difference.
Sure, but even then not all *G get free preferred seats everytime. It's hit or miss. My other point is AC should be treating their own *S better than another carriers *G. I give all my business to AC flying 40 segments a year with them, while another airlines *G might fly with them once.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Correct, if crediting to Copa W, G , S, T, L, A, K earn 50%

I agree, cancel rouge, go for the Avianca direct flight (same plane stop for 45 mins in SAL) or fly Copa.
Often a different plane (frequently - from 50+ flights - but so what- you don't have any formalities other than walk to the next gate) but Avianca or Copa are the only choices. Rouge to SJO is a mug's game. Terrible seats whether "J" (fake J) or God help you, coach.

Actually if Sat-Sat works the non stop to SJO on WestJet Plus is a far smarter choice. Sometimes the slavishness to Aeroplan has to be set aside to fly on an airline that treats people different than freight, e.g. Rouge.

Only setback with WS is you have to buy departure tax at a queue which is shared only with the worst US airline, Spirit.

But expedited security but no lounge access which you can pay for.

WS Plus is more efficient than either Copa or Avianca due to no stops, but their coach would be as misguided as Rouge coach is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.