Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any reason for third daily flight between YYZ & IND 15Jun-28Oct?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS

I noticed that AC is flying a third daily flight between YYZ and IND between 15 June and 28 October. Any reason for this limited time period and why the additional flight?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
I noticed that AC is flying a third daily flight between YYZ and IND between 15 June and 28 October. Any reason for this limited time period and why the additional flight?
Seems like an extra section added for summer travel season. Not any other reason I can think of for adding another IND flight.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Picking up cheap Americans to fly transborder/tatl/tpac for the summer travel season.

With a nice 50% AQD discount towards status to boot.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Yep, AC is often quite cheap out of IND to Europe or Asia and my guess as mentioned above. I think there may be mail or other cargo type services as a bonus. The reason I say that is....."back in the day" US Airways had several flights per day from IND-YYZ along with the at least one AC flight and I found it hard to believe there was that much traffic between IND-YYZ and US definitely didnt have any onward connection possibilities back then so guessed they had some other cargo type business out of it and given the size of the aircraft assumed it was mail. Could be totally wrong on that one though.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Any reason for this limited time period and why the additional flight?
Yes
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Yes. AC was dissatisfied with their 5% OTP to and from DTW. In order to further lower it they are adding routes to Air Georgian to make absolutely sure they have no chance of accommodating even the slightest delay anywhere in their network without huge delays.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yep, AC is often quite cheap out of IND to Europe or Asia and my guess as mentioned above. I think there may be mail or other cargo type services as a bonus. The reason I say that is....."back in the day" US Airways had several flights per day from IND-YYZ along with the at least one AC flight and I found it hard to believe there was that much traffic between IND-YYZ and US definitely didnt have any onward connection possibilities back then so guessed they had some other cargo type business out of it and given the size of the aircraft assumed it was mail. Could be totally wrong on that one though.
Is there any extra info on this? Flight number? Just curious...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Sorry, I dont have any specifics. Just remember when I had a few visits up to Toronto that I was surprised there was like 3 per day, early AM, mid-day and evening. It was in the 99-2000 time frame.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Yes there is, and of course yes there were

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.