Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan promotion for Avis: 4500 miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan promotion for Avis: 4500 miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Sounds like a promotion they offered in error and are now only honouring to those people who complain.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I contacted Avis via Twitter. They asked me to send details to [email protected]
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by perepelov
I'm not sure where to post it, here or in Avis thread... There is a promotion currently for Aeroplan Elite members: for 3 day or more rental from Avis you get 4500 Aeroplan miles. I took advantage of it, in fact, I have 3 rentals to day plus 3 more coming. On the three completed it says on the receipt "Travel partner miles earned: 4500". And yesterday the Aeroplan miles were finally posted for the first two rentals (1/16 and 1/23) - but only 1500 for each of them (500 based plus 1000 bonus). I tried contacting Avis, but they don't answer, and Aeroplan directs to Avis.
Anyone else took advantage of the same offer? Did you receive the miles?

Thanks!
Thanks!!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
No love for me yet.. even though I've reached out on Twitter and emailed several times.

Ron.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Here's a response I got this afternoon
"Thank you for contacting the Avis E-mail Customer Service team. We
apologize for any delays.

We are still awaiting further advisement on this case, and have no
updates at this time.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience."

One thing I don't quite get is why do they even need any "advisement", if their own receipt says 4500 miles? It's like I rented from them, and then instead of paying would keep on saying "I need further advisement". What part of the deal was not clear to them when I responded to their advertisement and went into agreement with them?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Grrrrrrrr

I'm in the same bucket as you folks, but with respect to the newer promotion. I had 4,500 successfully post from a Jan. stay, great. Next I took advantage of a promotion that was supposed to generate 500 regular miles plus a bonus of 1,000 miles (AWD #682373 ). Only 500 miles posted. After requesting the missing miles, I received an e-mail saying that the points weren't posted because I didn't use (AWD #682373 ). I replied by stating that I did, and sent them a screen shot of the rental agreement - it's right there! They replied saying give us 7-10 business days to investigate. Today, on day 12, I sent a reply complaining about a lack of follow up, and oh, btw, the most recent rental from 10 days ago just posted, it was supposed to generate 2,500 Aeroplan miles (the current 3,500 mile promo) and only 500 posted again. What the heck. I'm directing my business to Avis because of this Aeroplan promo. If they're going to mislead consumers, I'll deal with another company thank you very much.

So frustrating. Want to share my data point with the others...and vent.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OMCA
I'm in the same bucket as you folks, but with respect to the newer promotion. I had 4,500 successfully post from a Jan. stay, great. Next I took advantage of a promotion that was supposed to generate 500 regular miles plus a bonus of 1,000 miles (AWD #682373 ). Only 500 miles posted. After requesting the missing miles, I received an e-mail saying that the points weren't posted because I didn't use (AWD #682373 ). I replied by stating that I did, and sent them a screen shot of the rental agreement - it's right there! They replied saying give us 7-10 business days to investigate. Today, on day 12, I sent a reply complaining about a lack of follow up, and oh, btw, the most recent rental from 10 days ago just posted, it was supposed to generate 2,500 Aeroplan miles (the current 3,500 mile promo) and only 500 posted again. What the heck. I'm directing my business to Avis because of this Aeroplan promo. If they're going to mislead consumers, I'll deal with another company thank you very much.

OMCA, I'm in exact same situation as you, including the most recent promotion. I have a feeling there's something wrong with Avis computer system. Hopefully they will respond sooner than later...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

The current promo as well as the last says to use AWD C682300...

Earn up to
bonus miles
per rental until June 30, 2017
save up to 25% off base rates1
when you quote AWD C682300.

https://www5.aeroplan.com/AvisPromo....entLanguage=en

Ron.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Ron, please see image below:
Attached Images  
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:55 am

Ron, please see image below:
Ahh.. ok. That appears to be a different promo.

I've been doing this one
https://www.avis.ca/car-rental/deals...NUMBER=C682300

For:
500 Base
1000 Weekend
500 Prepaid
500 Status

for 2500 total.

Only the base 500 has been posting.

Ron.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:15 am

I did one of each. The first one I took issue with Avis and they stated I never used the code (which I did and they didn't deny after sending them evidence).

Today I had points posted with the current promotion that completely missed the 2,500 I was entitled to (got 500 instead again).

Clearly problems with their system, but I not confident about waiting around for fixes that may take up my time as well. So I'll have to go to another booking promotion moving forward until I see that this is resolved.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:34 am

I did one of each. The first one I took issue with Avis and they stated I never used the code (which I did and they didn't deny after sending them evidence).

Today I had points posted with the current promotion that completely missed the 2,500 I was entitled to (got 500 instead again).

Clearly problems with their system, but I not confident about waiting around for fixes that may take up my time as well. So I'll have to go to another booking promotion moving forward until I see that this is resolved.
I sent out another tweet to them

Maybe reply or retweet to get their attention.

Ron.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by perepelov
OMCA, I'm in exact same situation as you, including the most recent promotion. I have a feeling there's something wrong with Avis computer system. Hopefully they will respond sooner than later...
AC and Avis, two peas in a pod when it comes to IT
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:02 pm

Strangely, the bonus miles related to my most recent rental just posted. I now have 2,500 miles in total now for renting 3 days, from an airport, prepaying the cost and having status. I still have one more different promo to resolve...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Finally, today I got all my bonus miles for rental in January thru March... Woo-hoo! It took a few emails to customer service, but it's done. Now, for my April rentals I got everything for the first one of them on the first week of the month - still waiting for the reward for last week rental. May have to email them again if it doesn't show up in 2 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.