Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
@24left
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@Jumper Jack

Ha! Thanks. I'm guarding the few packs of Matcha and Hokkaido Melon form recent trips. Almost got run over by a couple from DCA who cleaned out the Wasabi and Matcha supply at the store neat the gate.

Still, exciting news. More exotic......

Attached Images   
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by 24left
@Jumper Jack

Ha! Thanks. I'm guarding the few packs of Matcha and Hokkaido Melon form recent trips. Almost got run over by a couple from DCA who cleaned out the Wasabi and Matcha supply at the store neat the gate.

OMG it looks so delicious. Cant wait to be there for my grad trip next year!!!!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Just catching up on some threads today... ouch, looks like some posters have "foot in mouth" disease.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by 24left
@Jumper Jack

Looks good!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:49 pm

@tcook052

#HYPE
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
@tcook052

#HYPE
Thanks for sharing that as I'm pumped for season 3! This week on the local rock radio station the morning crew was talking about Rami Malek being cast as Freddie Mercury in a biopic and his starring role in Mr. Robot was mentioned but one announcer didn't know the show at all which made me yell at the radio instead of at the traffic.

Also eagerly awaiting final season of Halt and Catch Fire on AMC in a few weeks. Stellar cast. ^
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Anyone up for a TYO/SYD do around the end of November? I know a bunch of us have tickets, though I'm not sure the dates.

I'm in Tokyo Nov 23-25 and Sydney Nov 26-29.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Anyone up for a TYO/SYD do around the end of November? I know a bunch of us have tickets, though I'm not sure the dates.

I'm in Tokyo Nov 23-25 and Sydney Nov 26-29.
Is it the surprise ANA biz class mistake fares?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:23 pm

Is it the surprise ANA biz class mistake fares?
Obviously

Except you can upgrade NH Z class to F through Aeroplan
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Isn't it a bit premature to start planning a Do given NH has a history of cancelling mistake fares?

By the way, no YYC Do next weekend unless you guys do one without me. But I could do a BOG Do!

I'm looking at September 23rd or 30th as the next time I could organize YYC Do.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 5, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Isn't it a bit premature to start planning a Do given NH has a history of cancelling mistake fares?
Do they? Can an airline unilaterally cancel a ticket issued by a partner?

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
By the way, no YYC Do next weekend unless you guys do one without me. But I could do a BOG Do!
I
I'm looking at September 23rd or 30th as the next time I could organize YYC Do.
I have one credit left on my FP and it expires Sep 23 so I have a very strong incentive for that date
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:36 pm

Obviously

Except you can upgrade NH Z class to F through Aeroplan

That must be nice. Do you know how many miles you will get in total?

Do they? Can an airline unilaterally cancel a ticket issued by a partner?

I have one credit left on my FP and it expires Sep 23 so I have a very strong incentive for that date

How about one in YVR instead? :P
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:39 pm

That must be nice. Do you know how many miles you will get in total?
Given that I'm almost certainly crediting it to UA, and it's ticketed on 016, something like 3000. But over 40k PQM.

How about one in YVR instead? :P
Plan it.

But my FP credit is getting used on or before Sep 23.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:02 pm

Plan it.

But my FP credit is getting used on or before Sep 23.
Are there others who are interested? ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.