Wiki Posts
Search

AC sent an IFE notification

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
AC sent an IFE notification

I just received an email from AC with a link to their website informing me that the flight I'm taking tonight might not have working IFE. I had no idea that they did this.

Here's the link: http://www.aircanada.com/en/flights/ife2000.html

Dear Valued Customer:

Please be advised that the in-flight entertainment system on the aircraft scheduled to operate your flight is currently inoperative. While we are making every effort to correct the problem before you fly with us, there is a possibility that it may not be available. Air Canada is proud of our entertainment system and we apologize in advance if you do not have an opportunity to enjoy it.

Sincerely,

Air Canada
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I just received an email from AC with a link to their website informing me that the flight I'm taking tonight might not have working IFE. I had no idea that they did this.

An apology without anything offered in compensation isn't much of an apology. "Sorry, we're not giving you the service you paid for... tough luck." Nice.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: TK *G
Time to ask for a gift card.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j_the_p

Happened to me once some years back.

I propbably posted about it, but I can't find my post.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
They sent me one of these over the summer. I wrote into CR about it and another few issues from the trip. They sent me a 30% off discount but I'd assume 1/3 of that was because of the INOP IFE. They might give you the usual 10% off.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by segacs
An apology without anything offered in compensation isn't much of an apology. "Sorry, we're not giving you the service you paid for... tough luck." Nice.
I disagree, it is an apology, and they didn't have to send it. If I step on someone's foot and say sorry, do I have to give them money for it to count?

It's only in the FT parallel universe where people think everything must come with compensation.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
It's only in the FT parallel universe where people think everything must come with compensation.
It's only in the FT parallel universe where people think it's okay for a company to take a customer's money, not deliver the service that was promised for said money, and get away with it.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:55 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
I disagree, it is an apology, and they didn't have to send it. If I step on someone's foot and say sorry, do I have to give them money for it to count?
What a strange analogy...
The difference here is that you are paying for a service , if you book a J class ticket for instance, you expect to have the IFE working.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
What a strange analogy...
The difference here is that you are paying for a service , if you book a J class ticket for instance, you expect to have the IFE working.
I would not be happy if my IFE was not working on a long flight(short flights-could careless), but do pax actual pay for IFE? Does AC actual say IFE is part of the ticket? Something tells me it is only a benefit provided by the airline. Any compensation would only be good will.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Why would they be proud of a broken system?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
They don't give me compensation for no accessible IFE and I have no accessible IFE on EVERY flight.
As a general rule, nothing has (English) captions on it except the francocinema.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I would not be happy if my IFE was not working on a long flight(short flights-could careless), but do pax actual pay for IFE? Does AC actual say IFE is part of the ticket? Something tells me it is only a benefit provided by the airline. Any compensation would only be good will.
Well, they don't say lavatories are something you pay for, but if they are not working...well, let's just say it will give a new definition to long haul,
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapleg
Well, they don't say lavatories are something you pay for, but if they are not working...well, let's just say it will give a new definition to long haul,
You could say that about a lot of things on a aircraft, but non working lavatories would be a no go. Flight cancelled.

Last edited by Wpgjetse; Nov 3, 2016 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:48 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Well it's more than a benefit provided by the airline, when they use this in their value proposition for booking a premium economy seat for example, in the same way they promote premium cuisine and choices of wine and spirits.

- Hundreds of hours of top-rated on-demand entertainment

- Complimentary wine and spirits as well as premium cuisine and a hot towel with every meal service on international flights

https://beta.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco...omy-class.html

https://beta.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco...rtainment.html
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsfrSE
Well it's more than a benefit provided by the airline, when they use this in their value proposition for booking a premium economy seat for example, in the same way they promote premium cuisine and choices of wine and spirits.

- Hundreds of hours of top-rated on-demand entertainment

- Complimentary wine and spirits as well as premium cuisine and a hot towel with every meal service on international flights

https://beta.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco...omy-class.html

https://beta.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco...rtainment.html
So what, that does not mean it was included in your ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.