Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Business Unrestricted refunds with no show

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat

Just curious if the tariff for Business Unrestricted (marketed as Business Class Flexible) and Economy Unrestricted (marketed as Lattitude) with Air Canada affords for full refund post departure with no show.

The ticket rules do not mention a need to cancel the flight prior to departure, whereas for restricted fares (say Business Lowest or Flex/Tango marketed fares) this is explicitly stated. As well, a one year limitation is also explicitly mentioned, but not in the Business Unrestricted rules.

As I've understood "full fares" in the past, tickets are forever refundable limited to bankruptcy of the airline. And I'm not even sure the airline is supposed to book that revenue until flown.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
*grabs popcorn and sets email notification for thread*
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Oh, I should note my understanding is from pop culture, not any legal basis or interpretation thereof. Trying to understand exactly what is being purchased with these fares.

This has nothing to do with entering the MLL or for that matter, even showing at the airport.

Edit: And looking through the tariff, it appears there is a 2 year maximum, $100 fee for greater than 1 year, and the rest subject to specific fare rules. The reason for this query is I have a quite a few unused tickets (about $8k in the last year) and was on the phone with res to have them refunded. Got disconnected after 90min because of phone issues on my end and not sure if I should invest another 2hrs of my life battling the tango/flex default defensiveness on the phone. A lot of hold, basic question, back and forth that I think was leading to processing my request. But I've also seen postings here stating cancellations have to happen before departure and other vagueness with no tariff/rule backing.

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Jun 30, 2016 at 8:18 pm
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Sean Peever

LOL
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:53 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I've cancelled full fare j after no show, a few days after the flight date.

Needed to call, and provide 014 #, not pnr.

No issues in my case.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RZR
I've cancelled full fare j after no show, a few days after the flight date.

Needed to call, and provide 014 #, not pnr.

No issues in my case.
Yea, me too... thing is I've forgotten a bunch of tickets and really think I want to claw that cash back out of AC... Normally I just leave it and chalk it up to lazy money on the table, but lately I've been feeling less charitable.

I'm pretty sure the agent was working on the refund, but I lost phone connectivity... and it took a while to explain I really mean Business Flex when I say business flex. I guess it's rare anyone actually REALLY buys "unrestricted" fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.