Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3MM perks

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 4:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
3MM perks

This is quoted from another thread, but found it more suitable to start a new one.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Me Too. 310K to go.
HOLY MOSES.

You've flown that much?!

What do you get at 3MM again?
Old May 26, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
SE for life.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
SE for life.
Not a big benefit to provide. Anyone who makes it to 3MM is either getting up there in either actual age or completely worn out from the life they have lived! Besides, if they're still flying, they'd probably be SE anyway.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
SE for life.
Do they get to gift someone SE100K as well? I seem to recall something about that.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
Not a big benefit to provide. Anyone who makes it to 3MM is either getting up there in either actual age or completely worn out from the life they have lived! Besides, if they're still flying, they'd probably be SE anyway.
To be fair, YYZNomad is very close to 3MM and he's no where near "getting up there"
Old May 26, 2016, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This is quoted from another thread, but found it more suitable to start a new one.

HOLY MOSES.

You've flown that much?!

What do you get at 3MM again?
If they counted *A flights, I would be around 4 million miles by now. I have done a lot(around 60 return flight) of YVR-FRA LH flights .
Old May 26, 2016, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
Hey, I'm only 54, getting close to retirement, but still have a lot of miles in me.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

To be fair though, my understanding is that the SE benefits for our resident 3MM folks are pretty useless, other than perhaps say IKK.

So when they hit 3MM, I'm pretty sure they'll continue to fly J, so what's the point of the status?
Old May 26, 2016, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
To be fair though, my understanding is that the SE benefits for our resident 3MM folks are pretty useless, other than perhaps say IKK.

So when they hit 3MM, I'm pretty sure they'll continue to fly J, so what's the point of the status?
I don't know what the gift is, but the benefits of SE3MM will be something like Starwood Plat Life. Nice Card (Starwood plat life is metal) and being on the top of the list of AC benefits like upgrades.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I don't know what the gift is, but the benefits of SE3MM will be something like Starwood Plat Life. Nice Card (Starwood plat life is metal) and being on the top of the list of AC benefits like upgrades.
A SE3MM is not higher on the waitlist though. All MM's are lumped together as far as I know.

SPG Plat Life is a VERY useful thing to have. I just don't see the value in SE3MM when someone pays for J all the time. (unless I guess you decide to buy a Y fare and upgrade?) Is that what you plan to do? Because then, yes, I see the value.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[...]
and being on the top of the list of AC benefits like upgrades.
The word seems to be that they don't do upgrade priority any different between MM, 2MM, 3MM.

(I might reach 2MM before I quit travelling. I don't see that I can live -and travel- long enough to reach 3MM, BTW.)
Old May 26, 2016, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
The word seems to be that they don't do upgrade priority any different between MM, 2MM, 3MM.

(I might reach 2MM before I quit travelling. I don't see that I can live -and travel- long enough to reach 3MM, BTW.)
I know, but some how I seem to get upgrades ahead of SE1MM even when I book or check in late.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger

You don't get anything at 2MM right?

Oh please, you've got many years left.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:35 pm

Well, SE for life is a pretty great benefit IMO.
When you get to the point where you don't fly for work anymore and you just take a few leisure trips each year, you are still going to end up in J most of the time when you buy flex or higher fares, and this is a pretty incredible deal.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:38 pm
Suspended

^
Originally Posted by agjil
Well, SE for life is a pretty great benefit IMO.
When you get to the point where you don't fly for work anymore and you just take a few leisure trips each year, you are still going to end up in J most of the time when you buy flex or higher fares, and this is a pretty incredible deal.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.