Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3MM perks

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by agjil
Well, SE for life is a pretty great benefit IMO.
When you get to the point where you don't fly for work anymore and you just take a few leisure trips each year, you are still going to end up in J most of the time when you buy flex or higher fares, and this is a pretty incredible deal.
Exactly.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You don't get anything at 2MM right?
You get E50k for someone else. Which means more credits I guess.

Oh please, you've got many years left.
At my current speed, it would take me some twelve years. I don't think I'll be piling up over 100k per year for so long. Maybe another five?
Old May 26, 2016, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
A SE3MM is not higher on the waitlist though. All MM's are lumped together as far as I know.

SPG Plat Life is a VERY useful thing to have. I just don't see the value in SE3MM when someone pays for J all the time. (unless I guess you decide to buy a Y fare and upgrade?) Is that what you plan to do? Because then, yes, I see the value.
I don't fly J on Dom flights, always flex, sometimes Lat. A couple of friends I know, alway fly J, but that is because the company pays. Personal travel they fly tango. I believe this represents the majority of J flyers.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
You don't get anything at 2MM right?

Oh please, you've got many years left.
Me - No
Wife - Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. She thinks it's a great gift.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
A SE3MM is not higher on the waitlist though. All MM's are lumped together as far as I know.

SPG Plat Life is a VERY useful thing to have. I just don't see the value in SE3MM when someone pays for J all the time. (unless I guess you decide to buy a Y fare and upgrade?) Is that what you plan to do? Because then, yes, I see the value.
SPG Plat Life WAS a very useful thing to have. Post 2018, I'm not so sure.

For 3MM, pity they don't count *A, I would have passed several years ago.
I'm over 5MM lifetime on all *A.
Nothing to show for it other than AC 1MM. I would have made lifetime SQ PPS if they didn't change the
rules the year before I would have qualified.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I don't fly J on Dom flights, always flex, sometimes Lat. A couple of friends I know, alway fly J, but that is because the company pays. Personal travel they fly tango. I believe this represents the majority of J flyers.
I make it a point to fly same whether it's personal or business. Paying the difference on my own dime if I don't feel I can claim.

This said, I have occasionally flown flex domestically. But I do my best to have confirmed business (P, Z, whatever, confirmed upgrade from latitude) when flying international, and mostly domestic/NA.

On some routes, UA P booked as AC codeshare on aircanada.com works OK.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Me - No
Wife - Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. She thinks it's a great gift.
Ha. When I told my wife that when the 2MM day came, that she won't be my lifetime nominee, she was bit perturbed. After I explained that it'll go to our daughter though, because chances are she'll put it to more use, my wife was okay with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.