Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
***Vent***

When I first started international travel years ago, it took some trust to put my passport in an envelope and send it away to an embassy. Now it seems routine, although I need to carefully plan my applications so they don't hinder my travel plans by being without my passport.

However, my passport is now 'Lost in the Mail' and I feel naked and angry. The embassy in Ottawa says they put the Xpresspost envelope in the mail, but nothing has showed up at my house or on the tracking website in over a week. Canada Post can't help me, they say if it hasn't scanned they haven't received it. The embassy says their work is done.

I will be tromping down to the passport office today to plead my case to get an emergency backup before my trip on Friday. So frustrating. It's going to cost several thousand dollars to replace all the Visas in that passport.

/vent
Surely Expresspost carries some sort of insurance?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Not if Canada Post claims they never got the item... That's why I drop important stuff at the post office rather in a post office box. They stamp the tear-away receipt portion of the prepaid expresspost envelopes indicating that the item was accepted.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by YOWgary
The only way to make a claim is if I can prove they accepted it. Because it was never scanned in, there is no proof they received it. It is probably stuck between empty Tim Horton's cups in the footwell of a postal truck driving around Ottawa.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Not if Canada Post claims they never got the item... That's why I drop important stuff at the post office rather in a post office box. They stamp the tear-away receipt portion of the prepaid expresspost envelopes indicating that the item was accepted.
It is important which is what I told a co-worker recently who scoffed at my insisting on getting the receipt portion stamped. Sorry to hear about previous poster's problems.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
the OCT 4th event?
I would assume it has to do with ManageWP.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Please note a few posts on Bose have been relocated to a more suitable forum for Bose discussions, which is the Travel Technology forum, and may be found here.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
To the well-respected and refined FTer that just tried to PM me... Sorry but my FT inbox is way over quota. I would be happy to respond if you care to (or dare to!) send me an email via FT.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
To the well-respected and refined FTer that just tried to PM me... Sorry but my FT inbox is way over quota. I would be happy to respond if you care to (or dare to!) send me an email via FT.
how do you know they're well respected and refined?

Last edited by pewpew; Sep 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm Reason: Cut out the mean home
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by vernonc
Are you sure you will not hand over my email to the Nigerian billionaires who would like to transfer some money to my account ? Or to the guys who have a package delivery notice. Or the ones informing me that my CC that does not exist has been compromised ? Or the people selling male organ enhancements supplements? Cause I already have those. Emails that is.
Nigeria is so yesterday, he's working with a new group of peeps now.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Congrats to Team Canada again.
16 straight wins!
#WCH2016
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Congrats to Team Canada again.
16 straight wins!
#WCH2016
Too close for comfort if you ask me.

I expected a blow-out and Canada almost lost that game.

Last edited by CanRulez; Sep 29, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
2016 Hand Luggage Restrictions for 135 global airlines

http://www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/hand-...s-for-airlines

Pretty useful resource!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by CanRulez
2016 Hand Luggage Restrictions for 135 global airlines

http://www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/hand-...s-for-airlines

Pretty useful resource!

Thank for sharing.

P.S. Someone needs to show them the correct AC logo.

Attached Images   
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pewpew
how do you know they're well respected and refined?
I read your original post. It's ok if you want to be mean.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Thank for sharing.

P.S. Someone needs to show them the correct AC logo.

Party like it's 1983.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.