Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC876 YYZ-FRA question re arrival gates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat

Hi there, I am arriving in FRA on AC876 in a few days, just curious at that time of day, 11:00, is there usually a gate available?
I have researched on time performance and it looks pretty good, but the wild card is remote stand vs gate. I need to rush to catch a train and should be fine with a gate but the bus from remote stand can be a killer...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
In my experience on AC876, the remote stand and bus is pretty frequent. I generally book later trains, and then try to change my reservation if, by some chance, I get to the station in time for the one that I should, in principle, always get there in time for.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
In my experience on AC876, the remote stand and bus is pretty frequent. I generally book later trains, and then try to change my reservation if, by some chance, I get to the station in time for the one that I should, in principle, always get there in time for.
thanks. Not what I was hoping...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I fly 872 and 876 often... At least 25 times a year.
I have never had apron/remote stand although I don't doubt it happens.

However, I have had the odd C concourse arrivals instead of the regular B gates 4x arrivals.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Perhaps the time of day will bode in your favour. 876 usually arrives at 1150 right in the smack of the midday rush. Over the years I can think of only a handful of times when 876 is not parked at a remote stand. The earlier arrival time may make all of the difference. Good luck.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I fly 872 and 876 often... At least 25 times a year.
I have never had apron/remote stand although I don't doubt it happens.

However, I have had the odd C concourse arrivals instead of the regular B gates 4x arrivals.

Interesting, I've flown 876 three times this year (twice in April, once in July) and every time it's been a remote stand(i.e. get out on the tarmac and wait for the bus). Perhaps I'm just unlucky?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

I noticed on my flights that most passengers on AC 876 seem to connect to other flights, there are very few bags on the baggage belt in FRA and it doesn't take long for them to show up.

I take this flight about 8 times a year and I had everything, gate at the B concourse, gate at the C concourse and a remote stand with bus transfer.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by padawanflyer
Interesting, I've flown 876 three times this year (twice in April, once in July) and every time it's been a remote stand(i.e. get out on the tarmac and wait for the bus). Perhaps I'm just unlucky?
We all have had our own experiences. We simply post what we have experienced. Do another 10 876's and I guarantee you will actually get a gate...

Both FRA and MUC, in general, are notorious/infamous for the apron/remote stand thing.

At times, when boarding or deplaning from Europe flights at these airports... especially FRA... I often think to myself... is this COBUS actually driving all the way to my European destination?!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about 844 YYC-FRA....remote stand or gate arrival ?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by airbus320
What about 844 YYC-FRA....remote stand or gate arrival ?
Afaik non of the AC flights are scheduled to always arrive at a remote stand, however it's not an uncommon event given the limited number of gates at FRA.

I'd say it happens to me on 20%-25% of my YYC/YUL/YOW/YYZ-FRA flights.

At least non-gate departures have become very rare and AC almost always seems to manage to get a gate in the B43-B48 area near the MLL.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

here is today's data point... arrived FRA, had the usual long taxi (15 minutes?) and SD announced remote stand and bus. By the time we putted along a bit more, the captain announced that we were waiting for a Qatar 777 to push back and we had the B4x gate. All good. it really seems to be a minute-by-minute exercise

my concern had been a train connection, I was pleasantly surprised that from the moment the doors opened to the moment I reached the Fern-Bahnhof was only 13 minutes! (yes I was in J). probably 3 minutes of that was the line for customs.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dirkster
here is today's data point... arrived FRA, had the usual long taxi (15 minutes?)
Glad you got your connection.

Yes, I believe this is the longest taxi for AC system wide.

FRA is just wonderful.

honk honk
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Glad you got your connection.

Yes, I believe this is the longest taxi for AC system wide.

FRA is just wonderful.

honk honk
This happenes when they land on the new runway 25 across the Autobahn, however I don't think it takes much longer than the taxi from runway 23 in Toronto to the gates at the E concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.