Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Altitude 2016 Program: What are realistic positive changes that may happen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Altitude 2016 Program: What are realistic positive changes that may happen?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Altitude 2016 Program: What are realistic positive changes that may happen?

With the other thread (Altitude 2016 "Enhancement" Predictions) spelling out what can get worse...

What things can AC realistically change to improve the program for their customers?

1. Either bring back the every 20k eupgrade threshold rewards, or reduce the number eupgrade credits required back down to 2014 levels.
2. Reduce copay requirements
3. Increase eupgrade nominee slots
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC:50K
Given how hard AC has been working this year to try to get people to use their eUps for short-haul flights, I'm sure we'll be seeing a change there. I doubt upgrading 1500+ mile flights will change though.

I'm hoping to see threshold eUps added back at 20k and 40k, but with the threshold based on AQM earned on AC-operated flights. It has always seemed strange to me that you can earn Air Canada upgrades by flying on other carriers.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cperciva
Given how hard AC has been working this year to try to get people to use their eUps for short-haul flights, I'm sure we'll be seeing a change there. I doubt upgrading 1500+ mile flights will change though.

I'm hoping to see threshold eUps added back at 20k and 40k, but with the threshold based on AQM earned on AC-operated flights. It has always seemed strange to me that you can earn Air Canada upgrades by flying on other carriers.
I think a good compromise would be to bring back the 2014 eupgrade system - but the AQM for getting the threshold eups has to be on AC metal. I'd be fine with that.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Positive changes to the eups is reasonable to assume (from my point of view).
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC:50K
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I think a good compromise would be to bring back the 2014 eupgrade system - but the AQM for getting the threshold eups has to be on AC metal. I'd be fine with that.
That would be awesome, and would definitely result in me flying more and spending more on AC. I'm not that optimistic about the number of eUpgrade credits needed for long flights being reverted though... it doesn't seem like AC has all that much difficulty filling those.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Free drinks and snacks for Altitude members in Y.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:54 pm

I doubt very much if anything positive would happen except possibky some minor tweakings. What I would like to see is an improvement to the MM program where at 1 MM it will be E50 K ...lifetime ..gift to any person of their choice and lifetime SE at 2MM. This will be a better incentive to fly more as 2 MM is more achievable that 3 MM and 1 MM people can strive for.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Or perhaps do away with the codes to get the free buy inboard and let us just use them when we check in! It is so annoying to us them when buying the ticket and not knowing if I really will want to use it or not.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
YVR-YYC type flights should be 2-4 credits depending on fare class, never 5+.

Cut down on lounge access for the randoms (IE: guests, CCs, 25k/35k).

Those altitude codes...argh. I tried using one of these the past week for the first time and what a pain, didn't even work in one direction, in the other direction I had to visit the lounge and get them to reissue a BP with the PR07 on it.

I don't know that I could think of a lot of improvements. Not that it's so great now, but maybe just choices? I don't fly long enough distances to be able to use the Altitude codes. I also don't always book on AC.com because frankly it's not always a good value. The duty free coupon isn't great either since there's limited flights it can be used on.

I'd much rather get a couple 5-10% off codes. You'd still have to spend on the site to use them but I'd be able to use them more often than I would with the others.

Is there some way SE could pick 125% bonus and forego something else? I would take 0 eUPs in exchange for aeroplan miles, my flights are either too short to bother upgrading, lower fare class which ruins the ability to upgrade etc.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ac777
I doubt very much if anything positive would happen except possibky some minor tweakings. What I would like to see is an improvement to the MM program where at 1 MM it will be E50 K ...lifetime ..gift to any person of their choice and lifetime SE at 2MM. This will be a better incentive to fly more as 2 MM is more achievable that 3 MM and 1 MM people can strive for.
Isn't that really the point? AC wants to make SE for life a true accomplishment.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:52 pm

Based on my pretty full flying schedule past 6 weeks ( domestic long / short haul, couple of international )

They are going to re-jig threshold eupgrades as far as earning too many unused J seats. I even got comp-upgraded and there was still empty seats on 1 flight.

#1. best guess roll back to last year threshold numbers.
#2. PE eupgrade number requirement will get adjusted favourably compared to current on non-flex

Purely my observation, there are a lot higher number of 35K out there than I thought and a lot less 50K

I think AC is going to sweeten the 50K level to try and get 35K to move up. Probably try carrot and stick, something extra for 50K and an 'enhancement' for 35K. eupgrades will probably be what is used. Maybe roll back slightly and allow 1 person to share eupgrades for 50 & 75K and 2 for 100K
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Is this not a benefit for already? $15 voucher marked on your boarding pass(lat. fare) Maybe someone can confirm this.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Like this idea a lot.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Like this idea a lot.
Along side restored IKK using altitude earned miles
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ac777
2mm points is a very low bar for SE for life. Maybe 3 year at SE, then dropping to E75 K after that. New levels could be 1mm - E50, 2mm -E75, 3mm - SE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.